Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

sablevarg

Old February 2nd, 2018, 10:39 AM
I am starting a heavily modified game world/campaign. I saw where there was a tab called Campaign Setting. (Midgard/Southlands - Trade Tongue is common & elves are known as 'elfmarked').

I couldn't figure out how they set that up. But a better question is: would that help manage my character creation? Would it help show just the things I want to allow or is it just useful for renaming things in bulk?

If anybody knows, please help me on this. Both on exactly what it does & help in setting one up.
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by a tab named Campaign Setting for 5e, unless its something done by Kobold Press in their stuff (I don't own those items, so can't say).

What some of us do that have "heavily modified" files is we set up a source that is related to our campaigns. We then use the editor to preclude, append and extend things in our .user files and make sure to associate these campaign specific changes to our source.

For example, my home Greyhawk campaign source precludes any of the languages, backgrounds, class options, deities and equipment that I've precluded as being non-Greyhawk. Those options don't show up when I've got the Greyhawk source selected. There are even some automated ways of doing this, which were discussed in this thread.

So, making a new source and .1st file aren't too difficult. You can look at these files using notepad or your favorite text editor, as the COMmunity files have a lot of examples.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old February 2nd, 2018, 03:07 PM
Thanks,
I understood most of that. I may be tugging on your sleeves later guys. But this will at least get me started.
sablevarg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote