Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Pooptickler

Old June 23rd, 2021, 06:55 PM
I'm very confused about the Amnesiac (Occult Adventures pg. 104) Psychic archetype, and not just because I'm an idiot.
Hopefully.
The archetype says that half of my spell slots are lost and become Amnesiac spell slots, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me such a pool.
Onto that, at level one, I think I get one Amnesiac spell slot, but it's registering as 0/0 on Hero Lab.
And if this is bugged as I'm starting to suspect, I'm just going to drop the idea.
Classic isn't being updated anymore, so why bother.

Is this bugged, or am I just stupid?
Literally any help is appreciated, thank you.
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 25th, 2021, 04:27 AM
Can you post your por file?
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old June 25th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Can you post your por file?
Sure, that's a great idea.
Guess I should start sharing the file from the start from now on, huh?
Attached Files
File Type: email Tarakava Nui.por (375.7 KB, 1 views)
Pooptickler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 26th, 2021, 06:53 AM
So looking at your por file, HL looks to be doing it right (I think you are getting confused by a poor UI choice for 0 level spells) See attached photo there are two pools (and these say with the character as it levels up) the 0/0 you referenced is for the max spell level - 1 pool (AKA 0 level spells at 1st level) the max spell level pool (1st level spell) does show up correctly as 0/1 the amnesiac ability does not apply to 0 level spells.

Odds are that UI choice was made to make it easier to code the functionality into hero lab, instead of checking for non-existent 0 level thing, just insert level and level - 1 trackers, using a dummy 0 level tracker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amnesiac.JPG (16.2 KB, 7 views)
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old June 26th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Quote:
So looking at your por file, HL looks to be doing it right (I think you are getting confused by a poor UI choice for 0 level spells) See attached photo there are two pools (and these say with the character as it levels up) the 0/0 you referenced is for the max spell level - 1 pool (AKA 0 level spells at 1st level) the max spell level pool (1st level spell) does show up correctly as 0/1 the amnesiac ability does not apply to 0 level spells.

Odds are that UI choice was made to make it easier to code the functionality into hero lab, instead of checking for non-existent 0 level thing, just insert level and level - 1 trackers, using a dummy 0 level tracker.
Just so I have this right, I'm not supposed to have a separate spell list for the Amnestic pool, yeah?
If so, gotcha, it's what I get for trying to figure something out while really frustrated.
Thank you kindly.
Pooptickler is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 27th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
Just so I have this right, I'm not supposed to have a separate spell list for the Amnestic pool, yeah?
If so, gotcha, it's what I get for trying to figure something out while really frustrated.
Thank you kindly.
Yeah, keeping track of previous day spells is just messy paperwork, something that hero lab isnt really setup to do. Gotta remember that HL isn't a miracle that does everything for you, rather its a tool that helps you do a LOT.
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old June 27th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah, keeping track of previous day spells is just messy paperwork, something that hero lab isnt really setup to do. Gotta remember that HL isn't a miracle that does everything for you, rather its a tool that helps you do a LOT.
That's completely fair, though I'll say that Hero Lab has treated me very well over the years.
The old girl's done good work.
Thank you so much for your help, Minous.
Pooptickler is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
pixoha5197

Old June 29th, 2021, 12:52 AM
Thanks for these.
pixoha5197 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote