Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Merion

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:36 AM
First off: great news!

A few questions from someone who has ignored all the import/export stuff so foar:

- Is it safe to just import these into my existing realm? Or are there any drawbacks (can't export later, undeletable topics, etc.)?
- Does it matter that I'm still working with a legacy realm? Should I convert my realm first?
- How crucial is game system anyway? What if I import the 5th Edition stuff in Pathfinder realm? Big trouble or just a few snippets in the wrong place?

Anything else to consider?

PS: Will the content market always be like this - download a file from the website and then do an import? In my naivety I thought there would be a kind of "ingame shop", where I could buy and download stuff without leaving RW.
Merion is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:47 AM
Cool.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
First off: great news!

A few questions from someone who has ignored all the import/export stuff so foar:

- Is it safe to just import these into my existing realm? Or are there any drawbacks (can't export later, undeletable topics, etc.)?
- Does it matter that I'm still working with a legacy realm? Should I convert my realm first?
- How crucial is game system anyway? What if I import the 5th Edition stuff in Pathfinder realm? Big trouble or just a few snippets in the wrong place?

Anything else to consider?

PS: Will the content market always be like this - download a file from the website and then do an import? In my naivety I thought there would be a kind of "ingame shop", where I could buy and download stuff without leaving RW.
It should be safe to import these into any realm. Isle of Kandril is a fairly big realm and you might want to load it into an empty realm first and see if you want to add it to your realm before doing so. The others are pretty small adventures and shouldn't really be a problem. I think the source topics are still undeletable but I know they are working on that so you'd have at least one of those per import.

As far as I know all the issues with legacy realms have been dealt with but converting legacy realms to some other game system is still recommended.

RW will convert any import to the realm its being imported into game system. However that will not change things actually written in the realm or HL portfolios included in the realm which would be for the game system the import build as.

We don't know how the CM will work but I doubt there will be a shop you can access directly from RW.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old March 16th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Lone Wolf,

Congratulations on the hard work getting to this point. I just downloaded the free content and it looks amazing. Isle of Kandril is an amazingly in depth realm and has really informed some of the things I was thinking about for my own realms. I am looking forward to the next phases of your release, especially the Savage Worlds items.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 16th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Cool to see Pixies on Parade. I was going to run my kids through this adventure and have the PDF. Nice to know that i'll be able to run the game from Realmworks! Hope this means that Playground Adventures will be publishing all their Afterschool Adventure material for 5e and Pathfinder in the Content Market.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 16th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Now that I've loaded and checked out all the content, I have to say that I'm getting very excited. It is SOOOO nice to just have all the content entered and ready to play! I bought RealmWorks for managing my homebrew campaign world. I've been mostly too lazy to enter adventures and content from PDF files, other than to fill out my world.

The content market will greatly increase the value of RW to me. Even though I don't play Pathfinder, I was looking at the We Be Goblin's adventure, which looks like a fun one-off and easy to adapt to 5e. I can probably just change monster stats on the fly. For Pixies on Parade I've go a 5e module all ready to play with my kids.

If they get some good, meaty adventure paths in there for 5e (if we can't get any of the WoTC APs, I pray Kobold Press sells Midgard in the CM), I can see hanging up the world building for awhile after my current campaign ends and just running purchased content.

I know that the developers have been under a lot of pressure and often are subjected to quite a bit of negativity on these boards, but I'm glad they are working to get it done right and, based on the free content, I know that much or all of my DriveThroughRPG, Kickstarter, and perhaps some of my Patreon budget will be going to RW.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old March 16th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Just did my first import (Isle Of Kandril) - all worked smoothly.

Just a suggestion - please add an indication of the game system in the file name...
Avi is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old March 16th, 2017, 11:33 AM
I'm glad that I was wrong about my own estimates. Great to see how official content is organized.

Is the other official Paizo Content ready yet? just kidding.
Tharmiones is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old March 16th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Well I do have run into a problem with the Content.

While the Import does work all smooth, I did create a new realm with the corresponding Game system for each. I did not modify anything in the Realms so far but I can't sync this content to the cloud with the "Sync all".

"We be Goblins" seems to work fine, it's showing up as "Up to date" after the sync.
The other two does not work with "Sync all".
Doing a specific Sync for "Pixies on Parade" does work.
Yet "Isle of Kandril" is still throwing the "Sync failed with error code: "Sync Finalize Failure (-502)".

As mentioned Fresh Pathfinder Realm exclusive for this content.
Tharmiones is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 16th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Half the Realm Works population probably tried to sync a huge bit of content back up to the cloud at the same time. I'd wager this 'test' will be used to ensure the cloud solution is up to the task ad a release like this will give them some really good data of how much bandwidth is needed.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #20 Reply With Quote