Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

KahnB

Old July 19th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Hi there,

I am a newby with Realm Works, but as far as I used it, it is just an AWESOME product.
I am missing one thing, still - most probably I just haven't found it yet, so please correct me, if this feature already is available!
I would love to have an option to track time in-game. I.E. an option, to not how many time hase passed during the game. This would be incredibly handsome for time-based spells or effects, long or short rests and for tracking the calender in the realm. Is there an option to do this?
Thanks ever so much,

KahnB
KahnB is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
In the works, though not a feature yet... do a search for the "calendar" thread for details. Till then, you either have to fake it in RW with the default calendar, or utilize an outside source such as open office (for an excel type spreadsheet) or masterplan for managing your game calendar .

http://www.habitualindolence.net/masterplan/

Also if you are utilizing Herolab, there is a thread for using Herolab to track spell effects.
Discussions located here>
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...effect&page=15
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
KahnB

Old July 28th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks a lot. I solved it via Excel. It was a minor thing anywayse. The more I learn to work with the programme, the more I get excited. Awesome stuff, keep up the good work!
KahnB is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Solus3

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Just an add on to this request. It would be nice to have a system to Track in game time of rounds in combat. Even a click button to make 1 Turn has passed in time. Or double click to run real time. If things need the players to act in real time you run the stopwatch. when you finish it tells you how much IN Game time this represents.

Just my 2 Cents

Solus
Solus3 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old August 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
+1 here
Bidmaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus3 View Post
Just an add on to this request. It would be nice to have a system to Track in game time of rounds in combat. Even a click button to make 1 Turn has passed in time. Or double click to run real time. If things need the players to act in real time you run the stopwatch. when you finish it tells you how much IN Game time this represents.

Just my 2 Cents

Solus
Isn't this more of the function of a VTT (virtual table top) program then Realm Works? I mean keeping track of rounds, spell effects, conditions, line of sight and that kind of thing is already handled by various VTT software packages out there. Realm works, to me, is geared more towards campaign and story management and not the minutia handled by a VTT.

Now some kind of integration with one or more VTT programs would be nice.
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Solus3

Old August 7th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Isn't this more of the function of a VTT (virtual table top) program then Realm Works? I mean keeping track of rounds, spell effects, conditions, line of sight and that kind of thing is already handled by various VTT software packages out there. Realm works, to me, is geared more towards campaign and story management and not the minutia handled by a VTT.

Now some kind of integration with one or more VTT programs would be nice.
Yes that is a good thought as well. But as there aren't a lot of updates going on in the VTT scene, asking here may be my best bet.
Solus3 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:47 AM
d20pro is launching a Kickstarter today for their next version of their VTT. The feature list looks good and expands it to games beyond d20-based. I've been pretty impressed with its importing of HL portfolios, tracking of various conditions/states and automation of combat for the Pathfinder ruleset.

Roll20 is also looking very nice.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 9th, 2014, 12:00 AM
HeroLab (and CombatManager) provide initiative trackers (and track other combat stats), which have a turn counter built-in.
Farling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote