Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ray57913

Old April 11th, 2017, 03:02 AM
I'm going to ask these question in order of what is quickest for me given so little free time to do the actual work:

Has any one created the realm content for the PHB, DMG, and/or MM that they are willing to share with the group. I know it took a WHILE for you to do it if you did and would be grateful if you do.

If no one is willing I understand but do you have any suggestions for quick entry or a script for mass entry? I was looking around and it looked like EightBitz was trying to import all of the Pathfinder spells with a csv file. Is this the only way at this time?
ray57913 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old April 11th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I believe that sharing such material on this forum would be disallowed for legal reasons. May of us do hope that there will be an official release at some point in time.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 11th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Has any one created the realm content for the PHB, DMG, and/or MM: Yes I have created all of these in some form or fashion.
That they are willing to share with the group: No this is not allowed.

The SRD is coming out in the content market. So that's a large chunk of stuff that will be entered already.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ray57913

Old April 11th, 2017, 06:00 PM
That's good to hear. From what I was seeing on other posts I take it that creating all the content will just create duplicate entries? something about the UUID needing to match?
ray57913 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 11th, 2017, 06:15 PM
This is my opinion.

The UUID's are not something you should be messing with is my take-away from the work that was done on auto inputting. I would not even be messing with auto-inputting.

The Dev's are hard at working coding and preparing the content market. If you don't know what you are doing (which very very few people do in relation to Realm Works) then now is not the time to be playing as the Dev's are not around to assist should something break.

You should be entering the data into Realm Works as it is intended to do. That is the safest and proper method.

That might change in the future. But right now is a pinnacle point in the Realm Works journey and I would not expect to see any assistance from the Dev's right now and if they were to provide assistance it would be taking them away from the work that needs to get done.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 15th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
This is my opinion.

The UUID's are not something you should be messing with is my take-away from the work that was done on auto inputting.
Daplunk is wrong. This is not "opinion", this is fact. The devs have said, in no uncertain terms, do not mess with UUIDs. Do not generate them. Do not modify them. If they're not there, don't add them, and if they are there, don't touch them.

If you mess with UUIDs, you risk corrupting not only the realm in question, but your entire database. So just don't. Ever. Period.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ray57913

Old April 11th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but with the content market "almost" ready, I either have to start entering everything now a risk it being a bunch of dup entries, not put all the stuff like spells and classes and such and have to re-save everything to link, or put the whole thing on hold until the content market is open. i'm probably going to go with the middle option as adding a space to each thing will probably be the least hassle. It's just frustrating to have to do all that work and it be for nothing or to sit around and wait and lose the creativity bug.
ray57913 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Names do not matter in duplication. When you enter something into Realm Works it creates its own unique ID for that thing and when linking it will let you pick which dupliate entry to link to.

If i was starting from scratch at this point I would be focused on entering the things that are not in the SRD. Get the delta in the monsters and start there would be my recommendation as personally monsters drive the most benefit for me. I don't look up spells or classes in RW and that's all driven within Hero Lab. Obviously you situation may be different.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 12th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Sometimes it's just the best option to enter stuff yourself. Waiting makes not so much sense... LWD has no licence from WotC for D&D5, and after that long time I don't expect it to change any time soon. The only thing I really would have wanted from the content market is Curse of Strahd, and now I'm almost done entering it in RW.
No, don't ask me for it. I changed many things to make it fit into my campaign - and it is now mostly in German

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 12th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
The only thing I really would have wanted from the content market is Curse of Strahd, and now I'm almost done entering it in RW.
No, don't ask me for it. I changed many things to make it fit into my campaign - and it is now mostly in German
And still protected under copy-write
ErinRigh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote