Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old November 24th, 2020, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I got a question Sendric.

I have everything done and it works great as is.

Currently the xKeenSenses and typDragon files in the current HL build will have to be replaced with the xKeenSenses2 and typDragon2 files in my file. Obviously I expect the "2" to be removed after the file is replaced. I simply used that to work with like I put a 2 at the end of all the dragon file names.

The question is. Do you want me to send you the files with needing to change the xKeenSenses2 and typDragon2 bootstrapped files in every dragon on the list to xKeenSenses and typDragon files after the current versions are replaced or do you want me to remove it now so that they will just auto update after the original is replaced?

Hopefully I explained that well enough.
Send it as is. I can easily remove the 2 if need be. Thanks for everything. The doc file will be a great help. I hope to be able to put together the next release once I integrate your changes.
Sendric is offline   #1081 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 24th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Uploaded. If anything doesn't work for you or I didn't explain well enough let me know.

Update -
Just before crashing I had a thought and need to check something in my file. I put in a place holder in the scripts in a couple places to see if I could get things to work and I just remembered that I don't remember if I checked every file to make sure that those place holders were replaced with the final script. It doesn't change the function of anything but is a more polished and proper script. So if you can hold off updating until tomorrow after I get off work and are able to double check. Thanks.

Last edited by Bloodwolf; November 24th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1082 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 25th, 2020, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Uploaded. If anything doesn't work for you or I didn't explain well enough let me know.

Update -
Just before crashing I had a thought and need to check something in my file. I put in a place holder in the scripts in a couple places to see if I could get things to work and I just remembered that I don't remember if I checked every file to make sure that those place holders were replaced with the final script. It doesn't change the function of anything but is a more polished and proper script. So if you can hold off updating until tomorrow after I get off work and are able to double check. Thanks.
No problem. It'll probably be at least a few days before I get to it anyway.
Sendric is offline   #1083 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 25th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Ok. I've made sure that all the polished scripts are in place. Should be good to go now.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1084 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 28th, 2020, 12:54 PM
Just so you know I found a couple errors that I have to correct. I will be able to do them fast and replace the file in the drop box. I've been working on creating the Shadow Dragon and spotted them. My bad.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1085 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 28th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Quick question.

Why does CustDesc not change the description when you hover over the ? of a Su in the In-Play tab?

Last edited by Bloodwolf; November 28th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1086 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 28th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Ok. File replaced.

And should be able to add the Shadow Dragon soon.

Edit -
Ok. Once again I found an error while working on the Shadow Dragon. This time it was a preexisting error that I had to correct by creating a new entry. So now there is a snaHumoiForm added to the new file for the replacement of the existing dragons. Deep Dragons are supposed to gain the ability to take humanoid form at Young age category but the preexisting xHumoiForm entry has them gaining that ability at Very Young. Replaced it and fixed it.

PS -
So just tried again and CustDesc does not effect an entry showing in the In-Play tab. Is that known?

Last edited by Bloodwolf; November 28th, 2020 at 04:11 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1087 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 28th, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Quick question.

Why does CustDesc not change the description when you hover over the ? of a Su in the In-Play tab?
Not sure. Could be it shows the description field instead. I'd have to look into it. Could also be a timing issue.

No problem on the changes. It happens. Thanks for all the hard work.
Sendric is offline   #1088 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 28th, 2020, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Not sure. Could be it shows the description field instead. I'd have to look into it. Could also be a timing issue.
Yeah it continues to show the description in the entry and not the customized one. Not sure about the timing. Didn't know that bootstraps had timing control. I suppose could try to do a script custom description but I'm not sure exactly how to go about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
No problem on the changes. It happens. Thanks for all the hard work.
No problem. It was fun.

And it adds to the list of things that I can brag about adding to HL. But I have to say that this and the Para Elementals were the two biggest so far.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1089 Reply With Quote
neoanderthal

Old December 7th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Hi Folks,
I still play 3.5 occasionally and I was using PCGen but wanted to use HL (since I've got it for PF and the 5E SRD) for 3.5 as well. I found this excellent-looking community data set, but I seem to be either not understanding something or missing a step.
I can download and install either the URL or the HL package and either method updates properly, but I don't see an entry in the game systems for the Game system - just the option for the HL-provided d20 system.

Do I need to purchase the d20 system in order to use the community data set?
neoanderthal is offline   #1090 Reply With Quote