Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Trester

Old October 6th, 2018, 01:24 PM
At this point its going to be what? January/February before Alien Archive 2 is added? Longer depending on how much PF2 stuff is dropped between now and then? I honestly was going to buy all of my players HLO for Christmas, but what's the point? I had a friend who was waiting for Tieflings to get added before she started to play, which they added in AA2 but we won't be able to use HLO to create her character that's for dang sure.
Trester is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 6th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Paizo is finishing up part 4 of the playtest with 3 more parts to go. The rule updates are on version 1.3, which looks like they make rule changes at the end of each part of the playtest. Each part is two weeks long with the last part ending on 11/18. It's not looking like we will see AA2 before February if we're lucky, possibly March. My characters haven't bought any items since the end of July because I'm waiting on Armory. If they would add the ability to add our own items that would help. I wonder if we all went to the PF2 forum and requested that feature if they would add it?

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old October 8th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I still somewhat question the HLC usage. I know its debated over and over here, but maybe its worth looking into for users with the "Authoring Kit" license. Then we could simply create our own content. We just need the framework created.

Anyone know if the Pathfinder framework can be grabbed and used to set the frame for Starfinder on Classic?

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 8th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
Anyone know if the Pathfinder framework can be grabbed and used to set the frame for Starfinder on Classic?
No... anything besides 4e and Savage World has the core skeleton files fully locked/encrypted.

You would need to start from scratch in making Starfinder for HLC. While this can be done I would expect about 2 months straight (40 hr work weeks) to build a functional frame work. As you would have only savage world (which is not even close) as as starting point.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Armory should be out Friday and you will absolutely have AA2 before next year. We are hoping to bring on a new staff member later this month to further aid in getting us all caught up.

PF2 will have releases this week (tomorrow) and we have release dates scheduled for the next two weeks as well. Unfortunately, we get the documents for the updates at the same time everyone else does so it's just not possible to have it out on release day.

We have the ability to add custom items to your characters. It doesn't affect the stats of the character, but it does at least put it in inventory.

Last edited by BJ; October 9th, 2018 at 09:37 AM.
BJ is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
GougedEye

Old October 9th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the update. My next SF game is Friday night, so here's hoping I will be able to use it!
GougedEye is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old October 9th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Armory should be out Friday and you will absolutely have AA2 before next year. We are hoping to bring on a new staff member later this month to further aid in getting us all caught up.

PF2 will have releases this week (tomorrow) and we have release dates scheduled for the next two weeks as well. Unfortunately, we get the documents for the updates at the same time everyone else does so it's just not possible to have it out on release day.

We have the ability to add custom items to your characters. It doesn't affect the stats of the character, but it does at least put it in inventory.
I agree that custom is there, but its limited to inventory items, no updated stats etc, and cants be used to manage custom things like new races, abilities etc...

I think we are referring to that functionality when we are saying custom content support.

That said, Thanks for the update BJ!

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM
I was referring to the ability to add custom items to my inventory, like the editor included with HLC. Specifically I wanted the ability to add items that had been release by Paizo which LW had not created data files for. For example the Adaptive Defense Module on pg 7 in Alien Archive 2. If this is already possible how is it done?

HLO and HLC

Last edited by evdjj3j; October 9th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.
evdjj3j is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately, we don't currently have the ability to create custom content. It is something we plan to have in the future, but it isn't likely to be this year.

Last edited by BJ; October 9th, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
BJ is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 9th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
What kind of customization are you talking about here? Give me an example because I'm confused.

HLO and HLC
evdjj3j is offline   #60 Reply With Quote