Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

GunbunnyFuFu

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:06 AM
@TCArknight Offer stands with your Savage Rifts module. I'm happy to help there as well...I've got all the Savage Rifts Deluxe stuff, and the current Playtest for SWADE. Can't wait until they get everything released!
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:12 AM
You rock!
Lj Stephens is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old September 18th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
@TCArknight Offer stands with your Savage Rifts module. I'm happy to help there as well...I've got all the Savage Rifts Deluxe stuff, and the current Playtest for SWADE. Can't wait until they get everything released!
I’ll take you up on that when time comes. I’m really liking everything seeing in the play test releases going to be lots of goodies, and fortunately, everything seems to be aligned with the Core SWADE as far as structure goes so makes me hope not much new will be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
You rock!
THanks! We try because it’s definitely a team effort and I know I, like others, just want to make things the best we can.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is online now   #83 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:18 AM
The tricky part was the magic items. Still checking those over.

OK. Here's where we stand.
Almost everything has had to be replaced in some areas. Armor. Weapons. Powers. The Skills have had a major upgrade. The Edges changed. With all new Powers, that meant a whole set of supporting structures for magic items, not to mention all new weapons and armor for the pre-built items. The new Armor stacking rules. The new Encumbrance rules (still working on this). I still have the regular gear and some final bits for the Magic Items to do. Then it's testing time.

Things have been delayed by a death in my family, and dealing with that.

I should be able to get things wrapped up this Sunday. Then, for this one, I do want a couple of testers. I know several of you have volunteered here or through PM's, and I ask that you confirm your availability. Once I get with the LWD folks and get this packaged up, be sure you have the time available and are familiar enough with the new material to get this thing beat up quickly.

Oh, and remember when I talked about is a limit of 6 Arcane Backgrounds was enough? The slick way they showed me to code this up, there are no limits. The only limit is only one Arcane Background per AB Type. And there is nothing stopping you from duplicating a particular AB and giving it a new name and type. Voila, you can have that one twice. The Resource and Tracker for Arcane Backgrounds has been moved from the hero to the AB object itself (that thing you bootstrap to the Edge), so each one has their own set. This is where the one-per-AB limit comes from.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2019, 03:50 AM
I volunteer for Tribute!

I have a Datafile and 40+ NPCs to build for Age of Pulp I think that should put the new rule set to the test.

Oh yea by the way I am writing a Setting.

Last edited by dartnet; September 19th, 2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Add
dartnet is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old September 19th, 2019, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Things have been delayed by a death in my family, and dealing with that.
Many belated condolences and best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
I should be able to get things wrapped up this Sunday. Then, for this one, I do want a couple of testers. I know several of you have volunteered here or through PM's, and I ask that you confirm your availability. Once I get with the LWD folks and get this packaged up, be sure you have the time available and are familiar enough with the new material to get this thing beat up quickly.
Definitely still available for this.

Great to hear about the AB, looking forward to seeing that. Will you be able to give the Power Points from each AB a different name or a type tag? For example, if I had a new AB (Gadgets) would I be able to call the associated Power Points “Gadget Points” instead? Or tag the AB with a new tag like PPType.Gadget?

I know both of those could probably be done with Scripting, but thought would check.

Looking forward to seeing all the hard work come to fruition!

Thanks!
TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is online now   #86 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2019, 05:51 AM
Careful Dartnet! You never know what that means!
Lj Stephens is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 19th, 2019, 11:32 AM
I have a bunch of PCs I would love to build also and would help test. Please let me know if you need help.

Sorry to hear about your loss
marroon69 is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Family certainly comes first, CC, and you certainly have my condolences to you and your family as well.

Unfortunately I'm flat swamped these days so helping out with testing won't be something I could help out with right now. The changes sound fantastic, though, and I'm really looking forward to what you've come up with.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:44 PM
My apologies for being so flip after your post, TCArknight.
We at LWD hate to hear when anyone, especially one of our own, is hurting due to loss.
Peace, friend.
Lj Stephens is offline   #90 Reply With Quote