Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mlinsemier

Old October 27th, 2006, 08:47 AM
I am in the process of doing a inventory of all of my Magic: The Gathering cards preparing to sell them (yes, once again). I have noticed that pricing on new cards from any of the three pricing vendors aren't available. When I browse to the Magic: Online Trading League I see that their crawler is still working and the data is there. Can anyone explain why the automated updates are not working and if there is another method to get the Ravnica Block, 9th, and Coldsnap pricing into the database other then by hand entering them.

Thanks,

Matt
mlinsemier is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old November 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM
The simplest answer I can give you is that your Card Vault license has expired. Without that license being current you cannot automatically download any updates, including pricing data, into the inventory database.
Cullyn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
joyce

Old January 28th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Unfortunately the measure recommended by Cullyn does not solve the problem.
I just updated my licence to be able again to download the pricing data.
This works fine except for the new blocks mentioned by mlinsemier like
Ravnica, Coldsnap and others.
I found out that in my Card Vault directory in data/magic/ exactly
the dat-files for blocks which do not work have 2 big letters like CS.dat or RV.dat.
The other ones which work fine have small letters. Another difference
is in the first row within the dat-file contains the text "encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>" which does not appear in the functioning files.

I tried to rename and manipulate the dat-files but the first measures had no success and the second brought a compiling error, so i had to rechange.

I had similar problems downloading the image files, but in that case the
manipulation of the dat-files worked well. I wonder what they are testing
before the release.

If somebody has further suggestions, please let us know

thanks

Martin
joyce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
emperor799

Old February 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Has this been resolved yet?

Will prices for older sets still update?
emperor799 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
At 11:12 PM 2/7/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Has this been resolved yet?

Will prices for older sets still update?
This has not been resolved yet. The problem was reported when we were in the final phases of getting Hero Lab out the door, and this is one of the zillion things on my todo list. Unfortunately, I managed to run myself into the ground trying to get everything dealt with and found myself flat on my back sick for the past week, so now I'm another week behind.

If the solution to this was easy, I would have already fixed it by now. Alas, it is going to be a can of worms to sort out, since it appears to be due to changes when we were forced to prematurely move to the new server last summer. So I don't even have a good idea of how long it will actually take to resolve.

I wish I had someething more definitive for you, but that's the best I can do at this point in time....

-Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lordtenchi

Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Is this still down? Not being able to price out any of the current tournament block is rather annoying...
lordtenchi is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:43 AM
At 09:53 AM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Is this still down? Not being able to price out any of the current tournament block is rather annoying...
Yes, it's still down. Given that this problem will likely take the better part of a week to sort out, and given that we're up to our eyeballs with a bunch of other stuff right now, I don't see this getting resolved very soon. I assume that's not the answer you were hoping for, but it's an honest one. This is one of the downsides of being a tiny company. :-(

-Rob
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote