Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

B0X315

Old May 30th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Any know how to show shield bash attacks? I'm making a TWF Fighter that uses a Bastard sword and a Light shield. I see all the feats are there, but no Idea how to set it as an offhand weapon or even enchant it as a weapon. Any help would be great, thanks.
B0X315 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old May 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Add spikes to it.

Oh but then if you have shield mastery tree where you no longer take two weapon penalties it gets all messed up... I have not figured out how to put that one in directly.

I faked it by creating a new weapon called light shield +3 (mastery)
Then I make it a +5 weapon to make up for the too hit bonus... though now your damage is off...

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
B0X315

Old May 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hmmm. You could just make it a Adjusted Weapon Bonus, under the 'adjust' tab.
B0X315 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old June 1st, 2010, 05:02 AM
There is an adjust tab?

Man I need to learn the kewl details of Herolabs... argh

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 1st, 2010, 09:53 AM
Couldn't you just create a new weapon in the Editor called "Shield Bash, Light" for example. Then give it the correct damage and have it cost nothing and weigh nothing as that would be taken care of by the shield itself. Give it the correct type of proficiency and the damage depending on it is light or heavy. All that can be done with just a bunch of mouse clicks and no scripting.

Modifying the Shield Feats would require some script changes, but they should be pretty easy.

Just an idea.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Also note the new errata for a magical weapon - the bonus cannot be higher than +10 including character abilities and spells.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
As I figured this would come up in my games sooner or later I went ahead and created a new .user file that has two new weapons called Shield Bash, Light and Shield Bash, Heavy. I also modified the feat Shield Mastery to now correctly apply its bonus to these two new weapons. For the extra fun I went ahead and scripted the Bashing power to actually increase the die size of the two new shield weapons without actually increasing the effort required to wield larger weapons.

You can download the file from d20pfsrd under the Misc folder near the bottom of the page.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
Also note the new errata for a magical weapon - the bonus cannot be higher than +10 including character abilities and spells.
Theocrat, don't read more into that errata than it's actually saying - yes, looked at on the errata page, it looks like it's implementing some new rule restricting the total bonus that you can achieve on a weapon, but compare it to the old version of that sentance, and it's not changing much.

The only thing it's changing is that spells and abilities that alter the enhancement bonus + effective bonus from weapon/armor powers can't take that total above 10.

So, if you have a 20th level Paladin with the Divine Bond - Weapon ability, and your weapon is already a +4 Dancing weapon (effective total +8), you can only add +2 worth of additional abilities, even though the Divine Bond ability for a 20th level Paladin would normally let you add +6 worth of enhancements (so sell your super-weapon and buy a +4 weapon with no powers, and you'll have lots of cash left over).

Similarly, if you cast Greater Magic Weapon + 5 on a +4, Holy, Dancing Weapon (effective total +10), it doesn't gain any enhancement bonus.

Last edited by Mathias; June 4th, 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: fixed some miscalculated bonuses
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The only thing it's changing is that spells and abilities that alter the enhancement bonus + effective bonus from weapon/armor powers can't take that total above 10.
Yep that is spot on Mathias and one of the more clear explanations of the ruling I have read.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
As I figured this would come up in my games sooner or later I went ahead and created a new .user file that has two new weapons called Shield Bash, Light and Shield Bash, Heavy. I also modified the feat Shield Mastery to now correctly apply its bonus to these two new weapons. For the extra fun I went ahead and scripted the Bashing power to actually increase the die size of the two new shield weapons without actually increasing the effort required to wield larger weapons.

You can download the file from d20pfsrd under the Misc folder near the bottom of the page.
Thank you for this. When I equip the shield as armor and as a weapon, I get the validation error. As a DM and player I don't have a problem with this but I was wondering if you knew how to fix it.

Never mind, now it's working fine. I don't know what happened but everything is ok.

Last edited by blzbob; June 4th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
blzbob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote