Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

B0X315

Old May 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM
On a lot of my personal character sheets I tend to show the modified attack in a secondary weapon slot. For instance if I have a +1 Longbow (+3 Str) +13/+8 (1d8+3), I make a second, third, fourth "weapon" that would be for point blank shot, many shot, rapid shot. Is there any way to do this in Hero Lab? I find it makes things endlessly easier as opposed to having to do the mental math every time.
B0X315 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 26th, 2010, 11:20 AM
You can create all of these effects as adjustments and just select the one you want to use and then have it calculate the mods it needs.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
B0X315

Old May 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM
But that will make all of the attacks +1 to attack and damage all the time right? unless I'm missing something. I want it so I have one displayed with no buffs, one with rapid shot, one with many shot, etc.
B0X315 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm afraid there are so many possibilities for how those feats and all the character's other abilities could combine (if you're showing those three extra copies, why not point blank + rapid shot, and then what if the character's a dwarf, do you want to show more copies for each of those variants + the bonus against Orcs & Goblins?). So, we've decided not to try to display the modified stats for all the possible combinations of weapons that could possibly exist on a character.

Sorry, I'm afraid there are just too many possibilities and combinations of possibilities for this to be something we'd be able to add to Hero Lab, and I'm afraid that I can't think of any good ways to create new versions of the weapons that could be added to show the effects of a specific feat/ability.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
B0X315

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:08 PM
That's completely understandable, I didn't expect or want the program to do it for me. But as a suggestion, you should allow the user to add specific misc. modifications, just like under the adjust tab, but for each weapon. Then I could just add another Longbow and give a misc +1 attack and damage bonus to JUST that attack instead of having it blanket all of his attacks. By no means do I expect the program to have the option built in for this, but a more specific work around would be useful as opposed to the blanket adjustments.
B0X315 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Near the bottom of the Adjustments list you'll find "Weapon Attack Bonus" and "Weapon Damage Bonus", which require you to pick a specific weapon (as opposed to the "Attack Bonus" and "Damage Bonus" adjustments that appear earlier in the list and apply to all weapons).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Could you not have such things as Rapid Shot and Point Blank Shot on the In-Play/Activated Abilities section? Have it run a script when the Thing is selected, so the player just goes to the In-Play, Activates the feats (after checking that his character is legal to do the action he wants), and returns to the Weapons tab to find the adjustments done for any feats/special abilities he just turned on. And then after his action, (or when appropriate), he just un-selects them.

BenT1
BenT1 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
B0X315

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
@Mathias: Thank you very much, I didn't even see that. Sorry for the hassle.

@BenT1: That is a fantastic idea, although I have absolutely no idea how to do that.
B0X315 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old December 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM
sorry... but can someone explain to me again how to get the rapid shot feat to function?

I get that I have to create the temporary adjustment, but how do I create the adjustment for the extra attack? I can decrease the bonus to hit by 2, easy enough, but not an extra attack....

would I add haste and then the negative?
Globetrotter is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
I don't think you can add an extra attack.
Lawful_g is offline   #10 Reply With Quote