Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tml

Old August 9th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Google turned up this YouTube channel when I looked for "RealmWorks tutorial video," but either I'm doing something wrong, or those videos don't actually apply to the current product. Many menu options appear to have different names, which I can handle - probably just a versioning thing. But 2m 36s into the second video in the series, I am told to check an option ("Show Nested Hierarchy") which just doesn't exist in my version of RW:

tml is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2015, 08:48 PM
The menu option in question was renamed to "Show Containing Topic Hierarchy" since that video was made.

Lots of refinements to the various menus have been made, with new options being added, some options being renamed, and others being reorganized. So you'll likely run into a few other instances like this. When you do, just post the question here and someone should be able to quickly point you to the correct (new) information.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tml

Old August 9th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Thanks, rob. I did notice the renaming, and that's totally understandable - tutorial videos are pretty dang static. I just wasn't able in this case to make any kind of mental map between the old and new names, and it didn't seem like anyone else was discussing it. Is there a ChangeLog somewhere that would tell me what things have been renamed to?
tml is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 10th, 2015, 12:15 AM
A change log of sorts is available in the Release Notes, accessible through the program itself. Click on the "manual" icon under the "help" ribbon. "Release Notes" is the last item listed.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old August 10th, 2015, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml View Post
tutorial videos are pretty dang static.
RW pales into insignificance for things like this compared with Campaign Cartographer by Profantasy.

I love that software to little tiny minty balls (I love maps, I can play with maps all day, and have done) but in their guidance it will confidently say, "When you do X the software will do Y and Z" and then when you try it does not do that thing or anything like it, and it will sit there looking at you, waiting for you to tell it what to do.

RW at least consistently does what is described.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote