Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Krothos

Old December 14th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Sorry if this is a "noob" question, but I can't figure out how to add metamagic feats to my prepared spells. For example, I want to memorize extended magic vestment. I found where I can increase the spell level used (click the up arrow next to the prepared spell name). And I can "rename" the prepared spell name to include the word "extended" (right-click on the spell name). But both of these options are clunky in their use. I thought there was a way to add the metamagic feat while selecting the prepared spell and it would adjust the spell level used and rename it appropriately automatically. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any insight you may provide.
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 15th, 2015, 12:07 AM
On the class tab there used to be a section after the "memorised" spells where you could create your favourite metamagic spell combinations. However when creating a Wizard character I don't see that section of the sheet available any more :-(
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old December 15th, 2015, 12:08 AM
When you click to add a prepared spell at the top of that list it says:
"- custom / metamagic spell -"

When clicking that option a new window will pop up. Here you can select which metamagic feat(s) to apply and the spell to apply it to. After all you have to prepare your spells with the metamagic feat.

Farling you are thinking of spontaneous casters with that section below the spells "learned/known"

Last edited by Togainu; December 15th, 2015 at 12:12 AM.
Togainu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 15th, 2015, 12:09 AM
When you "Add level # spells" to choose (memorise) spells, right at the top of the menu is "Custom/Metamagic Spell". Click on this and then you can choose a spell and the metamagic feat to modify it with.

EDIT: Ninja'd! Three of us all answering at roughly the same time. What is the chance of that!??
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 15th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Farling you are thinking of spontaneous casters with that section below the spells "learned/known"
Ah, thank you. It just goes to show which sorts of casters I like to play :-)
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 15th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
On the class tab there used to be a section after the "memorised" spells where you could create your favourite metamagic spell combinations. However when creating a Wizard character I don't see that section of the sheet available any more :-(
If you have a spontaneous caster, like a Sorcerer, then you get a "Favourite Metamagic spells" section (under your known spells) to click on and choose spells and metamagic feats to effect them.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 15th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Ah, there it is! Thank you all!
Krothos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old July 8th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Since the Arcanist is a spontaneous caster like a sorcerer, should that class have the same option? It can also memorize with metamagic as well.
Quintain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old July 8th, 2017, 08:05 PM
An Arcanist prepares like a wizard so they don't get the favorite metamagic section. Because it prepares like a wizard you need to add them as a wizard.

Click on "add level x spells."
Click on "- custom / metamagic spell -"
Set up the metamagic and click add

They cast however like a sorcerer so that prepared metamagic isn't consumed like a wizard. But can be recast x amount of days depending on your level and the level of the spell.

This said tho they should have both options in all honesty seeing the bottom section of the casting section of them. But I guess you would need to request that in a bug report.

"Like a sorcerer, an arcanist can choose to apply any metamagic feats she knows to a prepared spell as she casts it, with the same increase in casting time (see Spontaneous Casting and Metamagic Feats). However, she may also prepare a spell with any metamagic feats she knows and cast it without increasing casting time like a wizard. She cannot combine these options—a spell prepared with metamagic feats cannot be further modified with another metamagic feat at the time of casting (unless she has the metamixing arcanist exploit, detailed below)."

Last edited by Togainu; July 8th, 2017 at 08:10 PM.
Togainu is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old July 8th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Your last paragraph is exactly what I'm talking about that is missing -- using spontaneous metamagic.

They have the prepared metamagic already.

"Like a sorcerer, an arcanist can choose to apply any metamagic feats she knows to a prepared spell as she casts it, with the same increase in casting time (see Spontaneous Casting and Metamagic Feats).
Quintain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote