Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

earnold25

Old January 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hello. I've updated the blood bowl data files for AB 2.2c to get them up to both the current rules and the experimental rules. I'd like to make some changes to the DEF file, as some things aren't calculating correctly, and some things need to change for the experimental rules to calculate stuff correctly.

So my issue is this. I've been in contact with the listed data file autor, and he can't remember the password to unlock the def file. He's given me some guesses, but none of them have worked. At this point, I'm basically taking his guesses and trying to brute force my way in to them by going nuts with similar passwords.

Is there a way at all to unlock this? Anything else I can do?

The ultimate goal of this is to get these files into AB3, but I can't even convert them as I'm getting errors (I'm assuming due to the files being locked And i'm a rookie author trying to figure this out as I go along and creating a new def file is too daunting for me to try.

Thansk in advance.
earnold25 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Please send the data files to helpdesk@wolflair.com and I'll see what I can do to unlock them. No promises, but I might be able to crack them.

If your goal is to get data files written for AB3, then you might consider just writing the files for AB3 directly. The process of writing files for AB2 is MUCH harder and much more confusing than for AB3, so starting with the AB2 files is actually the harder path (from my perspective, at least).

The Authoring Kit for AB3 provides a baseline set of data files that you could start with and then incrementally evolve into what you want for Bloodbowl. There is a tutorial on how to get started writing data files for a game system, and the tools provided with AB3 are VASTLY improved over AB2. So the entire process will almost certainly be easier if you just start out on data files for AB3.

I'll still try to crack the definition file password for you if you want. But you might be wasting time and energy by continuing down that path.

-Rob

At 04:12 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Hello. I've updated the blood bowl data files for AB 2.2c to get them up to both the current rules and the experimental rules. I'd like to make some changes to the DEF file, as some things aren't calculating correctly, and some things need to change for the experimental rules to calculate stuff correctly.

So my issue is this. I've been in contact with the listed data file autor, and he can't remember the password to unlock the def file. He's given me some guesses, but none of them have worked. At this point, I'm basically taking his guesses and trying to brute force my way in to them by going nuts with similar passwords.

Is there a way at all to unlock this? Anything else I can do?

The ultimate goal of this is to get these files into AB3, but I can't even convert them as I'm getting errors (I'm assuming due to the files being locked [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] And i'm a rookie author trying to figure this out as I go along and creating a new def file is too daunting for me to try.

Thansk in advance.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
earnold25

Old January 27th, 2006, 06:06 AM
thanks for the reply and advice. i'll send the definition file to you. i have started writing the def / data files for AB3 from scratch. However, i find it to be much more difficult than the v2 creator, but perhaps its just a learning curve.

as I already have just about everything complete for the AB2 version of these files, i'd still like a chance to finalize them until I get the AB3 version done. I'll deal with you through email from here.
earnold25 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote