Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Confrontation - English

Notices

Loaf32

Old June 8th, 2005, 03:54 AM
I was curious, as I've had a couple problems using AB for Rag right off the bat. The first was the leader issue I brought up in the Dev thread. The other was that I'm not sure if there's a way to designate a Commander in Cheif.

Thanks!
Loaf
Loaf32 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AAvH-Darkblade

Old June 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Hi Loaf,

I believe the Devourers have not yet gotten the full Ragnorok coversion yet. And the Butcher still has to add the Commander in Chief selection. If you try out the Sessair Kelts you'll get a better idea of what is being done for Rag. Only about half the armies have been set up for Rag so far.

Cheers, Darkblade
AAvH-Darkblade is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Loaf32

Old June 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Ah. Got it. Thanks!
Loaf32 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Yup, I'm getting there.

Rag'Narok AB 101:
ok, the way I do it is first add a unit you want. Say the Eclipsants.
Then, if you want you can make one of their number a leader, up to the number of models in the unit.

That's your basic unit. I don't have the minimum of 50APs worked out yet.

Then from the options on the lower right you can choose the Rag'Narok tab. This allows you to add in 1. Characters 2. Independents and 3. Staff ( Since the Devourers don't have musicians or standard bearers, the Staff option should come up empty all the time ).

The Character option brings up every Character in that army. You can double click a Character or click on one and then click the ok button to add them on to your unit.

The Independent option brings up all the Magicians and Faithful. This includes Characters also!

Once Characters or Independents are added to a unit, you can then select them, click on their Rag'Narok tab and see their options. Mainly this will be the option to buy them Leadership.

You can also do this "backwards". Start with a Character/Independent and then add a Unit around them.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Oh, and, no, the CiC option isn't active yet.

Thanks!
Butcher

** The options available in the Rag'Narok tab should change depending on where the current unit is.....if you start with a Unit and add a Character, that Character can't add a Unit. And the opposite is true, if you start with a Character and add a Unit to them, that Unit can't add a Character...make sense?

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #4 Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Cool. Thanks for the overview, Butcher. That should help me quite a bit!
  #5 Reply With Quote
Loaf32

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:30 PM
^That was me. Got hit by the login bug.
Loaf32 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Well, I gave it a shopt with the Sessairs, but I'm still unclear as to what I need to do to purchase the leader upgrade. I may be suffering from my technical retardation here, but I don't have the slightest clue how to do this.

Ex: I clicked on a Fianna, and went to the Ragnarok tab. It has all of the options for characters, independants, and staff, but nothing on leader upgrades.

Thanks (yet) again,
Loaf
  #7 Reply With Quote