Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old October 27th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Oh yeah changing the Type - Dragon entry would be the easiest but I wasn't sure how many of the entries that have already been created you want me to mess with. I've been doing my best to only change the actual dragon entries themselves up till now.
At this point, I'm not sure it matters. As long as your changes are confined to Monster Manual 1 I should be able to make it work. If it isn't in that file, make a note and I can make the change.

Quote:
Since Spell Resistance is not something that I've been able to find as a bootstrap I can't find where to add the tag. So it might have to be scripted.
The thingid for Spell Resistance is xSplRs. It may be automatically bootstrapped to all characters and activated with a script. This script would be on the race itself.

Last edited by Sendric; October 27th, 2020 at 05:48 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1061 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 27th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
At this point, I'm not sure it matters. As long as your changes are confined to Monster Manual 1 I should be able to make it work. If it isn't in that file, make a note and I can make the change.

The thingid for Spell Resistance is xSplRs. It may be automatically bootstrapped to all characters and activated with a script. This script would be on the race itself.
Also note that it won't show up unless the value is 1 or greater. Same with damage reduction and damage resistance.
Illyahr is offline   #1062 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 27th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Also note that it won't show up unless the value is 1 or greater. Same with damage reduction and damage resistance.
True. Luckily I am just looking at adding the (Ex) tag to it.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1063 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 4th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Hey Sendric. I think that I'm done with the rework of dragons.The problem is I had to "copy" several existing files and change them. And change them to the point that they will need to be replaced. I'm talking like 26 files. How do you want me to handle those so that you know which is which and what needs to be done?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1064 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 5th, 2020, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Hey Sendric. I think that I'm done with the rework of dragons.The problem is I had to "copy" several existing files and change them. And change them to the point that they will need to be replaced. I'm talking like 26 files. How do you want me to handle those so that you know which is which and what needs to be done?
I added a folder to DropBox labeled 1.28-Dragons. Please drop all changes related specifically to the Dragon here. Any documentation showing additional changes can also go here.

Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #1065 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 5th, 2020, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I added a folder to DropBox labeled 1.28-Dragons. Please drop all changes related specifically to the Dragon here. Any documentation showing additional changes can also go here.

Thanks.
Sounds good. I have all the entries in one file. There are 55 (43 - General - Special. 12 - Race). 2 of the dragons are the Deep and Fang which are in the Monsters of Faerun and Monsters of Faerun/Draconomicon respectively.

I'll make a doc file that gives a break down and specifically which ones will probably need renamed.

Thanks
Bloodwolf is offline   #1066 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 5th, 2020, 04:35 PM
One last thing (I hope).

Let me set the scenario for you. I have Darkness that I bootstrap into [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability]. How do I add the following script into [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability] but make it control Darkness?

I want Darkness to remain as generic as possible and do my race specific changes in [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability].

HTML Code:
   var agecat as number
   agecat = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value
   var radius as number
   radius = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value * 10

if (agecat >= 10) then
    field[xSumm].text = "3/day, {i}darkness{/i} (" & radius & " ft rad)."
   elseif (agecat >= 8) then
   elseif (agecat >= 4) then
   else
    perform delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
   endif
Bloodwolf is offline   #1067 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 6th, 2020, 07:02 AM
Quote:
One last thing (I hope).

Let me set the scenario for you. I have Darkness that I bootstrap into [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability]. How do I add the following script into [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability] but make it control Darkness?

I want Darkness to remain as generic as possible and do my race specific changes in [Insert Race Spell-Like Ability].

HTML Code:
   var agecat as number
   agecat = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value
   var radius as number
   radius = hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value * 10

if (agecat >= 10) then
   elseif (agecat >= 8) then
   elseif (agecat >= 4) then
   else
    perform delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
   endif
just add "hero.childfound[darkness.thingid]. in front of "field[xSumm].text". Obviously change darkness.thingid to the actual thingid.
Sendric is offline   #1068 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 6th, 2020, 06:04 PM
Ok I admit that I screwed up. What I posted last time was script that is actually no longer needed. It used to show up when you hovered over the "?" in the Special tab for the Spell-Like Abilities entry. What I was intending to do was add the calculated radius to the live name in the Spells - Spell-Like Abilities. So right now it shows "Darkness (3/day) (Sp)" and I wanted it to show "Darkness (XX feet) (3/day) (Sp)". I was going to ask what I needed to do because I had ran into a problem with it, but I figured it out. Now the actual radius shows with the spell name. Now I'm going to do the same thing with a couple others that have the same thing. Thanks again for the help.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1069 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 6th, 2020, 08:49 PM
There is one last thing that I would love to be able to do that I think that I'm figuring out. Maybe let me know what you think first.

I plan to add the DC to the live name in the Spell-Like Abilities on the Spells tab. Example from a Black Dragon:

Corrupt Water has a DC equal to the Frightful Presence DC. Currently I have it showing as "Corrupt Water (1/day) (Sp)". But I managed it get it to show as "Corrupt Water (DCXX) (1/day) (Sp)". With the Frightful Presence DC as it changes per age category showing.

I managed to do very close to the same thing with the radius of Darkness but using the DC is a bit more complex. But I have it so far. At this point I think that I have it done for the Black Dragon I'm going to work on the rest now.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1070 Reply With Quote