Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Eeyore

Old November 15th, 2023, 08:44 PM
I'm creating a prestige class that gets a variant of Sneak Attack at even levels. It's not rendering properly on either the Class tab nor the Specials tab. I have added ability at level 2 and level 4, and given the portfolio five levels of the class. On each, it's saying "Surprise Strike +0d6."

In the Editor, I used New (Copy) for Sneak Attack (cSneakAtt). Trying to debug it, the class is currently using a copy in which the only thing that has been changed is the UniqueID, which is now cSurpStrik.

Using abSumm, I'm having it spit back the values of field[abValue].value, field[xIndex].value, and field[xCount].value. It says that all of them are zero. They're used in the Eval Scripts as:

field[abValue].value += field[xCount].value

field[listname].text = field[thingname].text & " " & signed(field[xIndex].value) & "d" & field[abValue2].value

I've tried just giving the class cSneakAtt, and that works fine. Why is it not working?
Eeyore is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2023, 08:51 AM
Can I see more of your surprise strike ability - like the whole set of code for it? (Open your .user file as a text file and copy out that <thing> element). xIndex and xCount should be set up automatically by the program, as long as these are class abilities bootstrapped to a class, with their levels specified by a ClSpecWhen tag. So with it failing at such a basic level, I'm not sure what's going on.

Also, from the class itself, maybe the bootstrap elements for surprise strike - I'd expect they look like this:

Code:
<bootstrap thing="cSneakAtt">
   <autotag group="ClSpecWhen"tag="3"/>
   </bootstrap>
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Eeyore

Old November 16th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Never mind. It's working fine today, despite my doing absolutely nothing with it, including not recompiling it.
Eeyore is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 22nd, 2023, 08:25 AM
Restarting Hero Lab fixes things occasionally.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 22nd, 2023, 08:48 AM
If you've only been using Test Now! in the editor, I know I've made mistakes before where I thought I had done a test on each of the things I changed, but it turned out I had only tested 2 of the 3 things I had changed, and then spent a while figuring out why things weren't working. The Quick Reload Data Files option in the Develop menu (keyboard shortcut: ctrl-r) is handy in cases like this.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote