Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Gumbytie

Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
I know if I work in the Hero Lab Editor, if I cut and paste, yes the bullet point shows up correctly when viewing (say the Deities from Fantasy Splatbook, etc.)

But I tend to write up my stuff by hand in Notepad++ and even if I make something in Editor first then copy into Notepadd++ HeroLab does not "read" the bullet point correctly.

I have tried each of the following to no avail:

• ("& # 8 2 2 6 ;" spaced out just to see the code)
•
•

What little documentation covering this I could find seemed to suggest the last of those three should have worked at least.

Any suggestions?
Gumbytie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 3rd, 2018, 03:38 AM
Hmm... I'm not by my copy of the program to try this, but what does the resulting ".user" file look like after working in the Editor?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 3rd, 2018, 05:53 AM
I think it's either:
Code:
[list]
[*]list item 1
[*]list item 2
[/list]
or it might be using curly-braces instead of brackets, so:
Code:
{list}
{*}list item 1
{*}list item 2
{/list}
Largely I think HL uses bbcode for formatting, so this may help: https://forums.wolflair.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#list

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; December 3rd, 2018 at 05:57 AM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old December 3rd, 2018, 01:59 PM
Code:
<thing 
id="facGOCrafting" 
name="God of Crafting" 
description="God of creation, craft, and art, the Smith is popular among craftsmen, but especially venerated by the dwarves.\n\n{b}&#x2022; Aspect:{/b} Creation, fire, artifice.\n\n{b}&bull; Powers:{/b} {i}Armor, barrier, blast, boost/lower trait, burst, damage field, darksight, detect/conceal arcana, disguise, dispel, elemental manipulation, environmental protection, healing, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, smite, summon ally, telekinesis, warrior’s gift{/i}.\n\n{b}&bull; Duties:{/b} Work hard, do the best job you can, celebrate creative accomplishments.\n\n{b}&bull; Sins:{/b} (Minor) cutting corners in your work, allowing a work of beauty to be destroyed; (Major) laziness, claiming credit for someone else’s achievements; (Mortal) intentionally destroying a work of beauty." 
compset="Faction" 
uniqueness="unique">
<usesource source="Fantasy"/>
</thing>
I tried Zarlor's suggestion but to no avail.

As to what it looks like inside HeroLab:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s6hv8hl78...oints.png?dl=0

Worse case is I just write up this little section in a separate file just using the Editor, but would really like to solve this one

should amend this, using: &#x2022; or & # 8 2 2 6 ; (spaced out just to show) or &bull; means the file won't even load.

Last edited by Gumbytie; December 3rd, 2018 at 02:09 PM.
Gumbytie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 3rd, 2018, 05:09 PM
Have you tried just pasting the bullet in? I pasted "• Bullet\n• Bullet" into the "description" field for an item in the user file and it displays just fine with the bullets.

Before that, I pasted the bullet into the Editor, then looked at the .user file it generated to verify that that's how they did it.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 3rd, 2018, 07:16 PM
I want to say I saw something about doing bullets in the documentation someplace as well. Maybe on the Wiki (http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com)? But a quick search isn't showing anything for me, but my search-fu might not be up to snoff there. Maybe it was in the help section stuff in the editor, but I can't check that right now to see for sure. I normally use the editor to do things and I'm pretty sure all I ever did with bulleted items were there simply by doing a copy-paste.

If it helps here is were they talk about the formatting codes for things on the Wiki: http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....e=Encoded_Text

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote