Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Audiiophile

Old March 28th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Hi Folks -

Relatively new to Pathfinder (and even newer to the forums here, forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place), after the most recent update - I noticed my armor master’s initiative and attack bonus had taken a severe drop. After some playing around, it seems like the +1 Tower Shield is what’s reducing these stats, even with Tower Shield Proficiency. This didn’t seem to be the case prior to the update, is this a bug?

For context, I’m using the ipad version of Hero Lab (v14.16), level 7 armor master.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited by Audiiophile; March 29th, 2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Updated title, issue solved
Audiiophile is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:32 AM
There's a bug right now that's only seen if the Ultimate Combat Piecemeal armor rules are turned on, that is applying ACPs to attacks and initiative even if you're proficienct. If your character doesn't actually have any piecemeal armor, turn that optional rule off to get around it. If turning that off doesn't remove the penalty, please report this as a bug.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Audiiophile

Old March 29th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the reply Mathias -

I turned off the Ultimate Combat Piecemeal Armor rules and that returned my initiative to normal, but the attack bonus appears to remain penalized. I'm seeing a +4/-1 on my attack bonus with the following:

+1 Warhammer
Masterwork Full Plate
+1 Tower Shield

+4 Strength (19 STR)
+2 Dexterity (14 DEX)

Advanced Armor Training
Armor Specialization (Full Plate)
Armor Focus (Full Plate)
Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Greater Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Weapon Specialization
Martial Weapon Proficiency - All
Shield Focus
Shield Proficiency
Tower Shield Proficiency

Would I report a bug by using the "Contact Us' section of the Lone Wolf Development page? Or is there another mechanism for this?

Thanks again for the assistance!
Audiiophile is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Remember that tower shields impose a -2 to hit that's separate from the ACP - check the last paragraph in the tower shield item's rules. You'll need the entire Mobile Bulwark Style feat chain to remove that (there's probably other ways, too - that's the one that I remembered, so I could look up the feat names quickly).

In this forum, in the stickied thread named "General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources" is the link to the bug tracker, if it's something other than that -2.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Audiiophile

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:41 PM
I expected some reduction due to the tower shield, but prior to the patch, I was seeing +13/+8 to hit.

After exiting and restarting the app (after I had turned off the Ultimate Combat Piecemeal Armor as you suggested), it looks like my to hit is back to +13/+8. The to hit adjusting must have just needed a restart.

Really do appreciate the help - actually feeling a bit fortunate the bug prompted me to make an account here and find these forums!

Last edited by Audiiophile; March 30th, 2019 at 08:14 AM.
Audiiophile is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Audiiophile

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:46 PM
And after reading up on the Mobile Bulkwark Style chain, I think I know where Stoutrick's gonna be headed at level 8!
Audiiophile is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 29th, 2019, 10:46 PM
The reason the bonuses didn't immediately change is because of an "optimisation" that doesn't always fully re-run all the rules. You can manually force all the rules to be run again using an option in the developers menu.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Audiiophile

Old March 30th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Thanks Farling, that makes sense!
Audiiophile is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 30th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiiophile View Post
After exiting and restarting the app (after I had turned off the Ultimate Combat Piecemeal Armor as you suggested), it looks like my to hit is back to +13/+8. The to hit must adjusting must have just needed a restart.
Another thing you can do when it looks like something isn't updating correctly is go to the Develop menu and select "Trigger Full Evaluation Immediately". This makes HL recalculate everything from scratch, but you don't have to wait for it to start up and load the game system.
TheIronGolem is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2019, 09:56 AM
If you can find a specific set of steps that can get to the point where the fast evaluation doesn't update (like, starting with this saved character, delete X, or turn off this rule), please report that to us as a bug, so that we can get it fixed.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote