Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kalladar

Old March 5th, 2014, 05:45 AM
When I remove the forgotten realms .user and 1st files from my .hl package and reimport into the ipad, I get about 30 errors not related to forgotten realms on the ipad. When I use the forgotten realms updates with the 8.8 patch I just get on duplicate file error.

The error is File: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Prestige Classes.user (line 1431) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cDivineCha').

Any other thoughts?
Kalladar is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 5th, 2014, 07:25 AM
RavenX, this error is from Rite Publishing's release of The Secrets of Adventuring with the new class The Divine Channeler.
AndrewD2 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Kalladar

Old March 5th, 2014, 10:57 AM
The problem with the ipad as of the version 8.8 update is that there is a duplicate file caused by their introduction of the divine channeler prestige class. Would you be able to update your forgotten realms files to remove the duplicate file? Removing the forgotten realms files from the ipad causes numerous other errors. The ipad error is as follows:

File: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Prestige Classes.user (line 1431) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cDivineCha')

Anything you could do would be great.

Thanks.

Kal
Kalladar is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Kalladar

Old March 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I wonder if Rite Publishing could modify their class to not have the same file name?

Just a thought.
Kalladar is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Kalladar

Old March 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Ok. I was able to remove the forgotten realms files from my desktop and create a .hl file with the remaining files to send to the ipad. I also purchased the data package from Rite publishing. One note, before I deleted the forgotten realms files from my desktop, I was getting the exact same error I had only seen with the ipad before. This was just after purchasing the data package and updating my license.

There is a glitch with the new data package. End result, I can't use forgotten realm files, but my ipad and desktop are now working.

Thanks.

Kal
Kalladar is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalladar View Post
I wonder if Rite Publishing could modify their class to not have the same file name?

Just a thought.
We could, but it wouldn't get released until late this month.
AndrewD2 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
RavenX, this error is from Rite Publishing's release of The Secrets of Adventuring with the new class The Divine Channeler.
To answer both questions,

This became an issue with some deities months ago. I've been in the process of renaming unique ids for my files to include FR in the id to avoid these things. I can include this in the next data release, but I will need you to PM me your email so I can send out the fixed files, they're not being put in a repository right now. I was wondering where the conflict error came from.

Kalladar,
Please Private Message me your email, I'll get the unique id fixed and send out the updated files.

Thanks to everyone who reported this error. I will get it fixed.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 5th, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I installed the data and I get these errors.
Attached Images
File Type: png errors.png (283.2 KB, 9 views)
catman123456 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman123456 View Post
I installed the data and I get these errors.
Tools menu >> launch editor

Once the editor pops up, file menu >> Open... When that opens up, you should see a list of files.

See how many copies of the Forgotten Realms.1st file are in there. Delete the older one (use detail mode to see date last modified)

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:13 AM
You can also access it through the windows explorer as well.

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder

You just want to get rid of the duplicate .1st file (older version), if you see duplicate FR files, delete the older duplicates. Based on the list of errors though, I think it's just the .1st file you've got two of.

RavenX is offline   #30 Reply With Quote