Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mindcloud

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I am adding the Aglarondan griffonrider from Unapproachable East. I have everything setup and can add the animal companion but the animal companion advancement is different from the normal druid or ranger advancement. So I need to create an eval script to delete hit dice from the animal companion based on the hero's griffonrider class count. I need help on timing and how to delete hit dice from the griffon which I have created as a new animal companion race? I have included the relevant table below from Unapproachable East.

Code:
Griffonrider	Bonus		Natural		Strength
Level		Hit Dice	Armor Bonus	Adjustment
1–3 		+2		+4			+2
4–6		+4		+6			+2
7–9		+6		+8			+4
10		+8		+10			+4
Mindcloud is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I am also trying to figure out how I can give an animal companion a feat from a script on a class special. And modify xFly on an animal companion changing parameters for speed (abValue) and the Maneuverability tag from a class special on the hero.
Mindcloud is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I figured it out why the description was not showing up.

Last edited by Mindcloud; May 11th, 2010 at 12:26 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
How does the context changing work in eval scripts. i.e. how could I move from the hero to an animal companion to a thing on the animal companion? this is more of a general question about how scripting works than a specific one aboutg how to do smoething.
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Here's the context transitions page from the wiki:

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....xt_Transitions

Since that information applies to every possible transition in Hero Lab, looking up existing examples is the best way to go.

You're probably better off using a new race for this animal companion, and putting the maneuverability/speed changes and feats gained on it. You can see on many of the existing animal companions how they activate certain abilities depending on their companion level. The Tyrannosaurus gives an example of how to assign a tag only at a certain companion level.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Is the information you're adding a 3.5 thing? If so, is it easier to handwave the 3.5 - Pathfinder translation and say it works more like a Pathfinder animal companion?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is the information you're adding a 3.5 thing? If so, is it easier to handwave the 3.5 - Pathfinder translation and say it works more like a Pathfinder animal companion?
As I understand it the progression is different from pathfinder and 3.5 animal companions. But I could do it the pathfinder way. however I would like to know how to delete and add racial HitDice in an eval script as I need that for another thing I am making as well. If it is not to much trouble.
Mindcloud is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Let me explain how the HD for an animal companion work. When you select the animal companion option for your class, all 15 HD that the companion could get are added to the minion. Each of those 15 HD has a Condition that checks what the character's animal companion level is to determine whether or not that specific HD should be live. There's no way for something external to alter that condition expression - they can only alter which HD are live by altering the companion level.

I'm afraid what you're trying to add so different from the Pathfinder animal companion rules that it's a new companion type - like Animal Companions, Familiars, and Eidolons, and because those need to be linked into their classes in the structural code and need to be placed on the class tab, adding a new companion type isn't something I'll be able to make available to users.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote