Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Majorian

Old January 27th, 2018, 11:55 PM
Hey there everyone! I'm wondering if it is possible to allow players to edit or create entries. If there is a section in a tutorial or anything like this, being pointed in the right direction would help.

Thanks all.
Majorian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 28th, 2018, 12:05 AM
No. Player mode is read only. They get a note-pad from memory but largely it's there to view what the DM has shared.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Majorian

Old January 28th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Oh wow, that was fast.
I see.
If someone has a GM copy, can I then extend permissions to them?
Majorian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 28th, 2018, 12:10 AM
If someone has a GM copy and they connect to your realm they will still only have Player View access to that realm. Realm Works is not a tool that allows GMs to concurrently edit a realm at the same time.

What you can do though is have multiple people with GM copies creating content that gets put into a master realm.

For example there are about 15 of us contributing content and feeding it into the master realm here.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 29th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Or, if you really trust the players, you can share your GM Login. There can be only one person logged in at one time though.
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 30th, 2018, 11:20 AM
that can get tricky when you go to sync though. It really can mess things up. If things do go wrong, then the best case scenario would be one of you looses your work, worst case scenario, you both loose a lot more and beg LWD to fix your mess.
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 30th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Dont know how that worst case scenario would occur, because only one user can be logged in at the time. Anyways I didn't test this (and never will), so maybe you are correct.

But isn't the problem more that RW has been licensed to the user, so he would not be allowed to share the login...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 30th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Off the top of my head, the worst case is probably unlikely... but I don't like to tempt fate. Anyway, your probably going to hear a lot of bitching from the person who lost a lot of data entry work. Which may be even more of a pain.
Viking2054 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 30th, 2018, 12:58 PM
The other issue that can occur is if one of the two decides to delete the realm. From previous discussions, it sounded like the ability to sync/upload/download for that realm is gone. I'd guess it has something to do with the GUID either being erased from the LWD servers or marked as unusable in some way... I'm betting it's deleted for future use by someone else while security prevents the uploading of a now unknown GUID.
Viking2054 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 30th, 2018, 01:07 PM
If you share your login the other user(s) could do anything to your account up to and including permanently deleting your realms from the cloud server. That would result in those realms being permanently deleted locally the next time you synced.

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote