Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

karpomatic

Old June 9th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Are we anticipating any issues with RW or HL and the upgrade to Windows 10 at the end of July?

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old June 9th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I have been running Realm Works exclusively in a Windows 10 technical preview virtual machine on my Mac for the past several months. I have had no issues at all.

My friend is using the technical preview as his primary OS and he has had no problems with Hero Lab aside from the licence needing to be renewed after each build revision. Lone Wolf has been great about getting him up and running, and that should not be an issue once the official release happens.

Short answer - I don't anticipate it being a problem at all.
JustinThomason is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 9th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen any problems with Realm Works on the Windows 10 Preview. I don't run it much, though.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old June 9th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Good to hear. Thanks guys.

karpomatic is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 9th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I can concur, utilizing a single laptop, w/ windows 10 I have seen no problems other that the licensing update (don't think that really qualifies). My issues with W10 reside outside LWD, RW & HeroLab.. hehe....

I'll be test driving it until release to determine whether to upgrade our table to that OS....

In general FYI
I have had some compatibility issues with Norton (patch supposedly in development) and Java (utilized by my map software).

my 2cp
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I'm looking forward to get W10 on my Surface.

karpomatic is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
I'm looking forward to get W10 on my Surface.
Might be good/bad news... on the laptop that I have the early release of Windows 10 they hinted at the possibility that not all Surface machines would be compatible nor receive the upgrade.. I see if I can locate the article.

Since I don't own a Surface, Surface2 or Surface3 I really paid it little attention to the details. IF my memory (very subjective at times hehe) serves the 3 was ok, the others may not be... maybe Parody or the other "Tech savy" forum members have seen something..

For what its worth
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old June 9th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I've got a Surface Pro 3. I know I'm good as the update reservation has already popped up and it will prompt me as soon as its available. I'm not sure about the other Surface models. From what I read, any machine that is currently running 7, 8, or 8.1 will get the free upgrade. I don't think anything running the mobile version will get it.

karpomatic is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 9th, 2015, 01:11 PM
What happened to Windows 9?

Is it the OS they use on Grey 17?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 9th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
What happened to Windows 9?

Is it the OS they use on Grey 17?
They decided it was toooo similar to Windows ME...

The article I referenced above is located below. Now it may have changed position since January. And as Karpomatic noted it appears those with a Surface3 are safe. Seems support on the RT versions may be at risk.
For what its worth,
DLG
http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-wind...or-surface-rt/

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; June 9th, 2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added link to Windows 10 and Surface Tablets
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote