Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asandir

Old July 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

I've made progress with the SGG Feats books and am gradually working my way through the coding, but have run into a few items that I'm not sure how to code or where to code. I've read the wiki stuff and apparently just can't seem to wrap my head around some of it.

Could I get some input/help on how/where to code the logic in data files?

Thanks. My trouble spots are below and any help/input or suggestions about where to look at an existing item would be appreciated.

1) Pre-Requisite - No caster level, but here's the caveat

Special: If you have this feat and gain a caster level, you may immediately decide to permanently forgo any spellcasting ability and retain this feat. If you do not make this decision this feat is lost, and cannot be replaced.

I set up on the Prereq Divine <> 1 and Arcane <> 1, but doesn't really address the problem.

2) Benefit:

Benefit: You may select 6 spells from the following bonus spell list. The spells selected must be of levels you can cast, and become part of your spell list. You may not select more spells from a level than you have selected from each level below it. (You may take this feat more than once in order to eventually gain higher‑level spells. See Special, below.) If you are a spellcaster with limited spells known (bards and sorcerers, for example),
you do not automatically know the spells you select from this list. However, you may learn three of these selected spells and count them as only one spell slot toward your maximum spells known. This slot must be of the highest
level spell being learned.

And then the corresponding Special:
Special: This feat may be selected more than once. Each time it allows you to select 6 more spells from the list.

3) ki pool class ability - Just plain can't seem to arrive at class ability logic. Ki pool is just one example.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
There's no way to shut down the casting ability of a class short of making an archetype. I'd skip that part of the feat, and just leave it with a no spellcasting requirement.

#2 - check out the Magus' Greater Spell Access ability, or the Expanded Arcana feat

#3 - could you be more specific about what you're not able to accomplish?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:20 PM
For #1 you could write an eval script that detects the characters Total Caster Level field (Same as used for itemcreation feats).

If it is not 0 then the eval writes in a chooser script that selects between all classes with spellcasting and a bootstrapped helper ability called "Lose Feat".

If the class is chosen all [cCastMax]/[cMemMax].arrayvalue[spelllevel] are set to 0.

If the helper ability is chosen the feat is assigned a FtDisable tag.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Losing the feat is best handled by just having the user delete it themselves, rather than setting up a mechanism to suppress it, in my opinion.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There's no way to shut down the casting ability of a class short of making an archetype. I'd skip that part of the feat, and just leave it with a no spellcasting requirement.

#2 - check out the Magus' Greater Spell Access ability, or the Expanded Arcana feat

#3 - could you be more specific about what you're not able to accomplish?
For #3 I guess just an example of what it is supposed to look like for scripting logic would be helpful. The pre-req is just a ki pool class ability.

Thanks for the other info though. I will look at the two suggestions for #2.

Ok, one more dumb question. Where do I find the files that have the "delivered stuff" in them to look at. I can find my user files, but not sure where to find the others.

Last edited by Asandir; July 15th, 2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Ask dumb question.
Asandir is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM
In the editor, you can use the "New (Copy)" button at the bottom left to make a copy of an existing thing to study it.

#3 -do you mean this class gets Ki Pool, like a Monk? If so, just add the existing version of Ki Pool as one of this class' class specials. If you mean something else, you'll need to tell us what the ability does before we can help you implement it.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In the editor, you can use the "New (Copy)" button at the bottom left to make a copy of an existing thing to study it.

#3 -do you mean this class gets Ki Pool, like a Monk? If so, just add the existing version of Ki Pool as one of this class' class specials. If you mean something else, you'll need to tell us what the ability does before we can help you implement it.
Sorry, no, the ki pool class ability is part of the pre-req.

Will use the New (copy) function to study those other two. That will be very useful.
Asandir is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
In that case, can you think of anything else that requires Ki Pool as a prereq? The Extra Ki feat for example? The way a feat sets up its prereqs is the same as the way a custom class ability sets up its prereqs, and it's the same way a Class Level sets up its prereqs (BTW, if this is a prereq for the class, those go on the Class Level, rather than on the Class).
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote