Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Monkey God

Old July 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
In creating a "future" aspect of pathfinder I find I have a question or two.

I have created a weapon (laser gun) that relies on a prerequisite license in gear in order to become available for purchase. This part works perfectly. Where I run into problems is when I try to create a magical version of the weapon, say a +2 laser pistol. When I do this I get a prerequisite error that states I still need the license even when the license is in the character's inventory. I do not know how to fix this issue.

secondly, and this is more of a feature question, when creating a weapon in the editor obviously a laser weapon is not going to have a piercing, bludgeoning, or slashing damage type. would it be possible to add a slection for creating one's own damage types?
Monkey God is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Monkey God

Old July 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
just a bumb to get it back on the main page.
Monkey God is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:01 AM
for the first question, you might want to check the name you are using for the License, it sounds like you are just tryig to validate against the wrong thing.

for the damage type, i would think that piercing would be the one to use. the laser goes punch a small hole in you.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Monkey God

Old July 10th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Let me clarify slightly... If I choose a weapon, let's say the laser, from the equipment list that calls for a specific license, and I have that license, everything works perfectly. If, however, I choose to create a custom magical version of the same weapon from the equipment list I get a prerequisite error telling me the required license is not present.

If, in the editor, I create a magical weapon, again say a laser with specific properties, that calls for the same license, everything works perfectly.

As far as damage type, I have the laser set as doing fire damage, I have arc weapons that do electricity damage or sonic weapons or weapons that do radiation damage. I have lumped the current three damage types under the single damage type of kinetic. I would like to be able to customize the damage types to accomodate this. As it is, for certain weapons I have to create them using the fixed damage and add the damage type there such as 2d8 (Fire).
Monkey God is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 11th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I think I know what you're asking for, but I'm not sure. There may be something in this discussion to help you:

Help With Exotic Weapon, Please.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Monkey God

Old July 13th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I am not sure how much that posts applies as I am not changing anything on the weapon other than adding the +2. All of the prerequisites are exactly the same as the non magical weapon. If there is a special reference needed, I could not fathom what it was. I am as perplexed as ever.

The issue does not change fundamental game play, this is merely cosmetic...but I am kind of OCD when creating these things and so it tends to pick at me.
Monkey God is offline   #6 Reply With Quote