Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

karpomatic

Old January 19th, 2015, 06:28 AM
I can't seem to find anywhere to share my realm. Do I have to purchase the Player's Edition to get that?

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 19th, 2015, 07:58 AM
If you want to show things at the table, you need a player-facing monitor and use Player View.

If you want your players to be able to look at what you've revealed between sessions, then Yes, they need to purchase a copy of the Player edition. You invite then to your Realm in the Launcher.

If you're looking to reuse your realms or to let other GMs use your content, that hasn't been implemented yet.

Hope this helps.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old January 19th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
1 - If you want to show things at the table, you need a player-facing monitor and use Player View.

2 - If you want your players to be able to look at what you've revealed between sessions, then Yes, they need to purchase a copy of the Player edition. You invite then to your Realm in the Launcher.

3 - If you're looking to reuse your realms or to let other GMs use your content, that hasn't been implemented yet.

Hope this helps.
Yes, I'm looking for #2. I don't see where to invite them.

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old January 19th, 2015, 08:54 AM
In the launcher, Messages tab. Make sure they've created their accounts already.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 19th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Also yuo must use the email they used to create their accounts, to invite them.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 19th, 2015, 11:02 AM
You can use their Realm Works account names instead, if you want.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 19th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Not to nitpick, but it's helpful for other people to share in the wisdom of these posts, and having a good subject for the thread is a good start. This allows those with the same issue to find their answer without starting another thread. This thread does not have such a subject.

I know we can't delete posts in these forums, unfortunately, but could the OP try to edit the first post of the thread to perhaps change to something like 'How do I share my realm with others' ?
weogarth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Hey karpomatic! Based on our records, you supported us as a Pack Member ($35 level). This level did not include cloud service. Unfortunately, sharing content with your users via Player Edition requires you to have cloud service.

You will have the opportunity to upgrade in the future and receive cloud service. When Player Edition released, we announced in our Kickstarter Update that we're beginning work on a way for Pack Members to upgrade the cloud service.

Specifically, the development team is beginning work on an update that will allow Player Edition users to upgrade to the full GM Edition. As a part of this update, the team will also be able to add the option for Pack Members to add cloud service.

While we don’t have an ETA for when this option will be available, it is a priority for the team and we’ll share updates through Kickstarter as we have them!
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote