Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old August 24th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I did a little in the editor and had one problem with it. It showed that it passed the test but when I restarted Hero Lab I got a script error. So I then deleted the item. I also attempted to copy and fix the Eldrich Blast weapon size issue. Now when I start up I get an error script for the tiefling saying that it can't read the rDrkVis2 and before if I minimized the current character I could start another and have multiple characters open at a time. But now it won't do that. Not sure what I did but I think that I will need to uninstall and reinstall Hero Lab. What will I need to do to make sure my license comes through?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:28 PM
well, id be really surprised if you need to do that, but if its the same computer, just reactivate license.

before you uninstall (again, i highly doubt you should need to do that), go to your license manager to get the license, and email/write it down, whatever.
mirtos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old August 24th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I tried a restart and it was still acting up. I'm going to completely shut down the laptop and see what it does tomorrow. If it is still not working then I will go extreme. Thanks.
Bloodwolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM
have you removed all your custom files from the data directory? (just move them to another directory)
mirtos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 25th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Are the .user files even compiling? If not, anything that uses data from those files will post an error.

There is no actual "size issue" with the Eldritch Blast. HL just doesn't know what else to do when you can't equip a weapon. I'll look into it more, but it's something that can be ignored. Now, if you want to be able to "wield" the Eldritch Blast that's a different issue that could be fixed.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Ok, so here are one of two solutions, at least one of which I'll implement for the next release:

1) Add tag wClass.Light

This results in making the "size error" go away, but the item will not be equipable.

2) Add tag wClass.Light, remove tag Helper.NoEquip

This results in making the "size error" go away, and the item will be equipable.

Which do you prefer?
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote