Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game systems would you most like to see supported by Hero Lab?
Call of Cthulhu 83 18.86%
Cthulutech 43 9.77%
d6 System (West End Games) 68 15.45%
d20 Modern 92 20.91%
d20 System Epic Support 55 12.50%
d20 System mechanics (starting point for other d20 games) 95 21.59%
Dark Heresy 125 28.41%
Eclipse Phase 79 17.95%
Exalted 122 27.73%
Hollow Earth Expedition 29 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

lifer4700

Old November 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft View Post
Would Spycraft or FantasyCraft be worthwhile additions? I didn't see either on the list.
+1 for Crafty Games!
lifer4700 is offline   #121
9littlebees

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I'd love to see support for the new Star Wars RPG line from Fantasy Flight Games: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny.

This system is one of the most popular games going at the moment.
9littlebees is offline   #122
Spence

Old November 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9littlebees View Post
I'd love to see support for the new Star Wars RPG line from Fantasy Flight Games: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny.

This system is one of the most popular games going at the moment.
I wish it was more popular in my area. A few people bought EotE and did enjoy the beginner game, but then it kind of faded away. The Age of Rebellion is still being talked about, but not EotE. Except to comment on what they liked about the rules. Personally I think it is because they went with the outlaw theme first which is the staple of 99% of the settings out there and may be losing its appeal. If you have been playing some version of a bounty hunter for the last decade it can get old.

I would LOVE to see FFG supported by the time AoR releases. I have some ideas for a campaign. Every time I mention the concept I have gotten great feedback and people who want to play it now....
Spence is offline   #123
Vaneheart

Old December 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing either some Eclipse Phase support, or renewed support for World of Darkness/The God Machine Chronicles.

Dark Heresy wouldn't be bad, but there are already a ton of character generators for it out there. Furthermore, they're pretty deep into development of Dark Heresy 2nd Edition, so a lot of things may change soon.

GURPS would be cool, but that seems like a monster to tackle.
Vaneheart is offline   #124
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneheart View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing either some Eclipse Phase support, or renewed support for World of Darkness/The God Machine Chronicles.

Dark Heresy wouldn't be bad, but there are already a ton of character generators for it out there. Furthermore, they're pretty deep into development of Dark Heresy 2nd Edition, so a lot of things may change soon.

GURPS would be cool, but that seems like a monster to tackle.
Well, Steve Jackson already sells a chargen program. Admittedly HL would be a bit more intuitive, but I'm pretty sure they still want to sell their own software as opposed to licensing with a third party.

The same thing with Champions/Hero System, which already has a graet hargen program.

A few things I personally would like to see include a very simple Fate hack to cover the Accelerated Edition (instead of a skill pyramid you move around the numbers for six Approaches, like how Clever, Careful or Forceful you are).

13th Age would be interesting, as would Dungeon World/Apocalypse World. And my feelings about the reverse-engineers old-school games, ambivalent through they are, seem to include the idea that good chargen software would help a GM of something like Lamentations of the Flame Princess immensely.
MPHopcroft is offline   #125
knight2142

Old January 16th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Not sure how many times its been proposed, but I would like to give a +1 to 13th age
knight2142 is offline   #126
TheBullDog

Old February 14th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Hero system /Champions
TheBullDog is offline   #127
TheBullDog

Old February 14th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft View Post
Well, Steve Jackson already sells a chargen program. Admittedly HL would be a bit more intuitive, but I'm pretty sure they still want to sell their own software as opposed to licensing with a third party.

The same thing with Champions/Hero System, which already has a graet hargen program.

A few things I personally would like to see include a very simple Fate hack to cover the Accelerated Edition (instead of a skill pyramid you move around the numbers for six Approaches, like how Clever, Careful or Forceful you are).

13th Age would be interesting, as would Dungeon World/Apocalypse World. And my feelings about the reverse-engineers old-school games, ambivalent through they are, seem to include the idea that good chargen software would help a GM of something like Lamentations of the Flame Princess immensely.
I don't like the hero generator for Hero System, Hero lab could do a much better job
TheBullDog is offline   #128
LSLundy

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
It may be a little cumbersome, but my vote is for GURPS. It's a good solid system and a lot of fun to play.
LSLundy is offline   #129
charlieluce

Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Like Hero System, the hard part is trying to convince SJG that they should switch to Hero Lab from their existing character generator program, which I suspect is highly unlikely.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #130
Closed Thread