Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 7th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Is there any update on the work on Journals? I had thought this was the top priority coming out of the survey, and I've been patiently waiting on it, but there hasn't been much in the way of updates regarding them. Is this still prioritized, or have circumstances changed? Or is the current functionality what Journals are envisioned to be? Thanks for all the hard work guys!
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 7th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Everything is Market!
The number one goal is buying and sharing!
Work on Content Market
is the most important thing....

;)

(But seriously, I'm sure there's more Journal updates to come.)

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Some work has been done on journals. However, there is still quite a bit left to do. Your assertion that journals were our top priority is not accurate. Our top priorities are the content market and web-based access. Journals are the one big feature that team members spend time on when they aren't able to make headway on the content market or web-based access. The vast majority of our time has been spent on aspects of the product associated with the content market and web-based access, as well as smaller quality-of-life features that have been appearing in releases over the past few months.

Here's a link to the original announcement that outlined our priorities and plans:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...ng-the-future/
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 18th, 2015, 07:55 PM
I've slept many a night since then, oops. You're right, it was the top secondary feature that was getting worked on. That answers my biggest concern though, that the current Journal isn't the final Journal. In any case, not a big issue for me, thanks for the heads up. I have been properly put in my place.

Now, since Calendars were the top priority... jk. Keep up the good work guys, I'll see you at Gen Con!

Thanks for all the hard work!
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 20th, 2015, 10:03 AM
I don't know how the journal will function in RW but I created my own if you need something temporary. I created a Category and called Journal Entry that I use as the container. I then created a new topic for each session that is contained in Journal Entry. Each session has a title and I use the session date for the prefix. Then I can sort by date. One of my players takes the notes for each session and I plug them into RW. Any references to a location, NPC, etc. is linked by RW to the appropriate topic.

I am curious what the concept is for the journal feature. Do we get a hint?
ruhar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 21st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I don't know how the journal will function in RW but I created my own if you need something temporary. I created a Category and called Journal Entry that I use as the container. I then created a new topic for each session that is contained in Journal Entry. Each session has a title and I use the session date for the prefix. Then I can sort by date. One of my players takes the notes for each session and I plug them into RW. Any references to a location, NPC, etc. is linked by RW to the appropriate topic.

I am curious what the concept is for the journal feature. Do we get a hint?
I'm using a blog-like mechanic on my website. It's a program I run behind the scenes that outputs the game session as a journal, but the website I run sets it up as a table, and of course, it's not wikified. It's getting the wikification that I'm really interested in. I've made up words I think.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote