Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mynameisjake

Old March 7th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know a good site for (fantasy) character portraits appropriate for the size of the "character image" spot in an HL portfolio?
Mynameisjake is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old March 8th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Someone on the boards was talking about creating and selling some, but i'm not sure what became of it.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 8th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I have found that the portage image files from the game Never Winter Nights actually work pretty well. They always come in three different sizes and their are plenty of sites (or use to be) that had them available.

Also they at least fit the D&D theme as NWN was a D&D 3.0 based game. So plenty of orcs, wizards, and human images.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
brewdus

Old March 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Here's a link: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Portraits.List .
brewdus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mynameisjake

Old March 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Thanks, everyone. Can't wait to check them out.
Mynameisjake is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old March 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I did a search for a bunch of portaits and found some. I did notice that much of what I found was .tga files and while HL opens the files, it only showed me a very small section of the actual image. (.H would be huge, .L large and so forth) So FuzzyBunny.H.tga would be the huge version of the image and .t.tga and .L.tga and so forth could all be opened, but I would only see the bottom half of the FuzzyBunny image - no matter the size of the image - so I had to convert them to .jpg's and in this I just used the .H files.
I found a lot of them - a couple hundred and I'd be willing to .zip them and trade them for whatever anybody else has.
I've also been using a lot of historical images for my characters from wikipedia. I'll find a picture of some baron or bishop and use that too.
Issak

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Here is the Archive from D&D 3.5 Portraits at WotC

PC Portraits Online Archives
Dragnmoon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I went through and downloaded a bunch of the collections... about 25,000 images in total. They all come in TGA format and have codes for each pic of t,s,l,h for tiny, small, large, and huge so in reality that 25K pictures is about 6,000 or so.

My problem right now is the same as above that in Hero Lab it only shows a portion of the picture. Additionally I have not found a good way to look through them without opening each file one at a time.

Now neither of these questions are really Hero Lab based other then maybe a suggestion to allow an image preview when putting a pic on a character.

1 - Anyone know of a good way to use thumbnails for TGA files? The free viewer I downloaded to open the files will not allow a preview.

2 - Any idea how to make the pics work better within Hero Lab without opening each file and saving it as a JPG?

Thanks for you thoughts and suggestions.
Thazar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote