Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 29th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I've made a working version of spell-like abilities where I do not have to make a special for each version of them. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get a spell-like ability to appear under the Spells tab without it also appearing under the Specials tab. I don't want that to happen, but unfortunately, once I remove the Helper.ShowSpec tag, they disappear from the Spells tab as well.

Here is what I have done, and it works, excepting this troubling Specials<->Spells tab relationship.

I created a special sSpellLike with a generic description of "You have the ability to cast this spell without the need of components." with an Ability Classification of Spell-Like Ability and with Show in Tracked Resources List checked. I can them bootstrap this to any of my Spell-Like Ability descriptions (for example, the gnome would have 1/day - dancing lights, ghost sound, etc.) and then assign the SpInfo for the spell as well as the Usage tags. Then I can set the hTotal for number of times over the usage period (or not at all for At Will abilities) and live name the spell I intend it to represent. Works great, except for them now appearing under the Specials tab as well when they aren't needed there (since I've already got a special that lists all their spells, spell level, what the saves are based on, etc.).

Is there a way to get the Spell-Like specials to appear in the Spells tab without also appearing under the Specials tab?

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 30th, 2017, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Is there a way to get the Spell-Like specials to appear in the Spells tab without also appearing under the Specials tab?
I created a bunch of spell-like abilities in the "Custom - Spell like Abilities" user file that do not show up in the Specials tab. I did this by adding the tag "Helper.SpecUp".
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 31st, 2017, 09:50 AM
@Sendric I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

UPDATE: Worked to perfection!

Last edited by Kendall-DM; October 31st, 2017 at 03:57 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
shadowninja

Old November 21st, 2017, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I created a bunch of spell-like abilities in the "Custom - Spell like Abilities" user file that do not show up in the Specials tab. I did this by adding the tag "Helper.SpecUp".
Where I can find this .user file?
shadowninja is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 21st, 2017, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
Where I can find this .user file?
It's part of the community set.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote