Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old February 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I really need to sit down with a human to show me how to do this stuff I mean WOW I have no clue at making this work, but I can type stuff down (it just all ends up getting deleted b/c I do it wrong)
SAbel is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
We plan to do a number of training seminars this summer at GenCon that focus on the Authoring Kit for HL. If you will be attending GenCon, then I recommend you block out a few hours to make it to at least one of the seminars.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
jonbartels

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:32 AM
for me that's going to be tough as i live in Australia, any chance that us international users can have access to those seminars as well at some point?
jonbartels is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old March 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I have started but not making it far, lots of real world work and a very strong ability to not understand how to code (I need to sit down and have someone show me how to do things I think) but I am putting in equipment, skills, not sure where to place advantages and disadvantages, have abilities in but not sure how to make the rings work from the abilities nor how to get the abilities in order of the character sheet, speaking of which not sure how to make the character sheet. I am trying to help with what I can once I have some files of info for people (not programing) I shall post em but I am working tons until mid May hard work low pay but I am happy!
SAbel is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbartels View Post
for me that's going to be tough as i live in Australia, any chance that us international users can have access to those seminars as well at some point?
I'm not sure how that would be accomplished. If someone wanted to record the seminars, we could make them available for download via our website. However, we won't have the ability to do that ourselves at GenCon. It's going to be rough enough being shorthanded in the booth while one of us is giving the seminar, so we can't afford to have yet another person out of the booth to do the recording. :-(
rob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old March 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh god I suck at this, I need to have a brain transplant to make this into sense I understand or a video of step one to step 1000 on how to make rule sets happen, damn my mind for not taking any programing classes ever

Ok done whining for now back to base skills ect entering

Hey how would I make the split attributes for L5R system work in hero lab ie Stamina and willpower attributes create the Earth ring (the lower of the two stats is what the ring is equal to.

how does one make a character sheet for other systems?

how do I make more tabs in the editor, I only have abilities, armor, attributes, equipment, mechanic, melee weapons, race, ranged weapon, shield, skill
thanks for the help.
SAbel is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I don't know the L5R system, but if your earth ring is the lower of two attributes, that sounds like it's simply a derived attribute - there's a page in the savage worlds walkthrough specifically for derived. minimum(field[attrSta].value, field[attrWil].value) will get the minimum of two things. At the bottom of the savage worlds walkthrough is a page about modifying the editor. You may want to hold off on the character sheet until the system is almost complete - you'll have to change less about the character sheet that way.
Mathias is online now   #27 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old May 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
In June I have some free time and I plan to go to Gen Con this year maybe stop at Origins for a day hopefully hitting adcon this weekend but still cant figure out how to work this lang. it has be befuddled every step forward is two back it seems.
SAbel is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
We're going to be doing a number of seminars at GenCon that are focused at data file authors. So that might be a helpful resource for you to attend.

Also, the Savage Worlds Walk-through provides detailed examples of how to convert the Skeleton files into a fully-operational game system.

As Mathias pointed out, the ring values would be derived traits. All you'd need is a one-line script to calculate each ring, taking the minimum/maximum of the appropriate base attributes.

There are numerous examples in the walk-through about adding new tabs to the game system. For the Editor, each "editthing" element spawns its own tab in the Editor. However, the Editor stuff is probably the absolute *last* thing you should be working on.

Character sheets should also be done close to last, as Mathias pointed out. Get all the mechanics into place and working smoothly first. If you work on the character sheet earlier, you'll end up having to revise stuff in the character sheet as you modify the underlying mechanics.
rob is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
jonbartels

Old May 20th, 2009, 01:36 AM
any word yet if AEG has given the go ahead to an official L5R data file or do we have to rely on the authoring kit and the people who know how to use?
jonbartels is offline   #30 Reply With Quote