Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDetective View Post
Yes I checked the spam folder. Nothing there.

What happens if I hit next in the program without getting the email?
It won't work if you do that. You must first authorize the account via the webpage.

I'm going to flag this to our server person so she can sort it out with you in the morning. She's not going to GenCon, so she'll be able to take care of this for you.
rob is offline   #21
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite58 View Post
I went to the early access page and entered my email address but it won't accept it. I only have one address so it must be the right one. Perhaps I did a typo when I entered the address into the form - I don't know. My name is Shane White and I backed at the $65 level. My address is Australian with .au on the end of it.
Only backers at the Arctic Wolf level and higher are able to utilize the Early Access release. Unfortunately, you pledged at the Timber Wolf level. Sorry.
rob is offline   #22
swhite58

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Only backers at the Arctic Wolf level and higher are able to utilize the Early Access release. Unfortunately, you pledged at the Timber Wolf level. Sorry.
Ah - that would explain it - no worries
swhite58 is offline   #23
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Rob

other emails problems are posted below in that thread started by harliquinn

here is my copy/paste of my issue

the email said MUST use your KS email as your password

the acct creation target fields list "Invalid Characters" error on the password when you type in your email address as you password

i'm assuming the @ sign is the block

i tried several times, like 5 times

no dice

finally, giving up i tried a "normal" password not email address and presto it let me in

going to be alot of emails to you guys today if the software doesn't allow you to do the order we were given in the email that was capitalized/bolded/italicized ... MUST

BUT ... when i was let in on a normal password, it then said your acct is created but you need to agree to confirmation email

you guessed it Username and Password unrecognized error

LOL

so i tried my email address in that one

no dice

so stuck in acct creation phase
Lash is offline   #24
blibblob

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Lash, that does appear to be a global error. '@' and '.' are not allowed characters in passwords. I assumed that is a restriction in the product itself and not in the database, but I tried stripping the '@' and '.' out of my email address to try that as well but it's "too simple" since it doesn't have any special characters.
blibblob is offline   #25
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:42 AM
interesting:

i got the confirmation email ANYWAY even though when i logged in to get the confirmation email sent it said "Username and Password unrecognized"

so now i'm in, just went in the backdoor i guess
Lash is offline   #26
blibblob

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:46 AM
How'd you pull that off? Apparently my account has been created with my username, but I had to use a different password. But when I try to log in it says it's not recognized, however I still haven't gotten the confirmation email either.
blibblob is offline   #27
blibblob

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Crap, I think I may have not clicked all the way through the account creation steps, I thought it sent the confirmation after the simple account creation, not that you had to log in to have it sent. So now I have an account created, but can't log in because the password is invalid and I'm guessing it won't be sending me a confirmation email.

And sorry for the multiple posts, they have to be confirmed by a moderator.
blibblob is offline   #28
dpmcalister

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Yep. That's the problem. It seems your upgrade was logged separately from the main report spreadsheet, as were a number of other backers that upgraded. So you haven't been added to the the authorized list yet.

I just flagged the problem to our server person. She'll get this sorted out in the morning. Once it's handled, she'll post in the Early Access forum here to let everyone know.

Sorry for the hassle.
Not a problem, thanks for the prompt reply
dpmcalister is offline   #29
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
PROTIP: When trying to login I kept getting "wrong username or password" and I -swear- I was typing the password in correctly. Then I noticed "username" and realized I was using my email address and not the username I registered with. Worked fine, felt dumb.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #30