Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

smokeh

Old March 19th, 2018, 05:19 AM
My campaign decided to convert from Pathfinder to 5e for various reasons, and one of the players really liked the Mechanist specialty from the 'Artificer Revised' homebrew content. This was my first attempt at doing anything remotely like this in Hero Lab, so I set out to see how much of the class I could model in Hero Lab. If there is a more appropriate place to post this, I will gladly move it.

Note: All I did was combine a couple of other people's work and write a few additional eval scripts. The basis for this is the Artificer UA class from the Community Pack which someone put a lot of work into, and the original homebrew ideas are all forgottenduck's from the link posted above.

Caveats and Known Issues
  • For some reason additional Hit Die aren't automatically added when the hero levels up. You can just go into the 'class' tab on the minion and choose 'Additional HD' as the class, but you'll have to do it manually. (You will need to manually adjust starting Hit Points for Larger Chassis as well)
  • Due to a limitation in hero lab, you need to manually add weapons chosen from 'Combat-Ready Construct' and the Weapon Mastery upgrade, as well as manually adding the magic items granted by Wondrous Invention. There are some ability score increase options showing up on the 'In-Play' tab, you can ignore those.
  • Spark of Intellect, which is a lvl 17 upgrade, isn't giving you the spell choices yet. I'm looking into a route with possibly a configurable, but it's not functioning yet. All of the rest of the Spark of Intellect should work as advertised.

Chassis is represented by choosing a race on the Minion, and build is accomplished as a secondary special ability on the hero.

Let me know if any math is wrong, or what else might not be functioning correctly.

Artificer Revised.user
smokeh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old March 28th, 2018, 03:39 PM
This is great! Thank you for sharing.
Enforcer84 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bmanjnk99

Old June 24th, 2018, 07:07 PM
You are missing some of the new magic item crafting abilities added to the base class by the revision.
bmanjnk99 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old January 24th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Hey Smokeh, if you're still out there...I'm plugging away at this (using the 3.0 Revision by JPGenn, who go built on Forggotenduck, Hageshii01 and others). And thanks to the Ranger_2016 file I can get the HD to increase - quick and dirty only got every other level like animal companion but I know why.

For some reason the Larger Chasis option applies the size increase to my hero rather than the minion. I'm still looking into that.

I've got the Leadsmith almost finished and am starting the Potionsmith or whatever.
Hope to eventually get this all done but wanted to thank you again for your work.
Enforcer84 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote