Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Brisco

Old January 14th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I would like that an option have as a price, 50% of the total price of the unit to which it is assigned. Thus with the price of various the option added. How can I proceeded in ABCréator? I tested this script in the "cost" script of the option but without success:

@single=(parent.unit.cost[total]*50)/100 I am not a pro in script
Brisco is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Given your description and the script you used, it looks like you have an objective that can never be achieved. If the option costs 50% of the unit cost and the cost of that option needs to be added into the total, then the total would always be increasing as well. So clearly the exact requirements of the game system are slightly different. Please tell me exactly how the rules state the option needs to work, then I can recommend a solution.

I also recommend you take a look at the section entitled "Custom Cost Calculations" within the Tips & Tricks chapter of the Kit documentation. You might find what you need there. If not, give me the info asked for above and I'll outline who to do it.

-Rob

At 09:49 AM 1/14/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I would like that an option have as a price, 50% of the total price of the unit to which it is assigned. Thus with the price of various the option added. How can I proceeded in ABCréator? I tested this script in the "cost" script of the option but without success:

@single=(parent.unit.cost[total]*50)/100 I am not a pro in script [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brisco

Old January 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM
IT acts of the option teleportation of the terminators of 40k in v2 the cost of teleportation is equal to 50% of the total cost of squad.

I found a solution by creating UnitStat which takes again the price of squad and to which I add the price of each option taken then I add a script has the teleportation which indicates that this cost is divided by two.

Sorry for my English, I use an automatic translator.
Brisco is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Ah, then the use of an entity PostLinks script or a Cost script similar to the one outlined in the documentation topic I cited would be the easiest solutions. However, the approach you used will also work. The only problem with the unit stat approach is that any new options have to remember to add themselves to the stat, whereas the alternate two approaches listed above avoid this consideration.

-Rob

At 11:30 PM 1/15/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
IT acts of the option teleportation of the terminators of 40k in v2 the cost of teleportation is equal to 50% of the total cost of squad.

I found a solution by creating UnitStat which takes again the price of squad and to which I add the price of each option taken then I add a script has the teleportation which indicates that this cost is divided by two.

Sorry for my English, I use an automatic translator. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote