Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Okay, I am trying to edit the 3.5 files to create the Scarred Lands ruleset. I've created a few new feats and a new domain. Just to get started...

Here's the issue: the Sun Domain grants a cleric the Greater Turning Ability which shows up on the Character Sheet as a Special Ability. But when you look at the character sheet and see the Greater Turning ability, it isn't obvious (unless you happen to know it) that the ability is a result of selecting the Sun domain. So, I would like to edit the stock Sun Domain / Special Abilities so that there is some descriptive text in the Ability Name field, which normally reads, "Greater Turning (1/day)" instead reads: "Greater Turning (1/day) (Sun)" so I have a reminder of why that ability was granted.

The only way I got it to work was to create a brand new special ability for Greater Turning AND create a brand new domain for Sun. Isn't there a way to merely edit the text of existing abilities, domains, etc.?
Basilforth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM
You can edit the livename field on a special. Of which Domains are a subset. In essence when you copy a thing, you are really just editing the existing stuff on it, so you could just add it to the name of the Special that is bootstrapped (at least I think it is) to the Sun domain. Just be sure to replace the old Domain with the edited one using Replace Thing Id.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Old January 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Any way to edit the 'Common' Language base text? I tried to set a new common. I tried to replace the ICommon ID, but got an error message that said that ICommon did not exist.

Last edited by Basilforth; January 15th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Basilforth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old January 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilforth View Post
Any way to edit the 'Common' Language base text? I tried to set a new common. I tried to replace the ICommon ID, but got an error message that said that ICommon did not exist.

I think it's an L as in lCommon not an I which you have in the "icommon" stated above, that's why the thing doesn't exist!
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Old January 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Worked, thanks! it was lCommon (small case 'L'). The 'C' in common is also case sensitive.
Basilforth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote