Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Cainnech

Old July 30th, 2023, 07:16 AM
Hey, so I tried to make a post in this forum but that's stuck waiting for admin approval, and the reply to my email did not inspire confidence -

I've been a customer for 12 years and up until recently, I had no problem with spending money on these products, but I see how there are clearly support staff reading these questions and concerns and other people like me who spend hundreds of dollars on these products are getting no or lackluster responses about what to expect for investing in this platform.

What is and isn't being developed right now? Is Starfinder development on Hero Lab dead? When the new books for pathfinder launch in November, how long will the implementation take?

Other companies are communicating clearly and in fact generating hype about their products' future, but you can't squeeze an answer out of Hero Lab. Why?

I asked where all the missing content was for Starfinder only to have someone ask me "what exactly is missing?" (Lol) and when I elaborated on this I was ignored. So I asked about refunds and eventually got a response (but I submitted a second ticket and I'm still waiting to hear back on that).

I don't want to have to refund anything, and I don't want to invest in a different competitors platform, but I'm not spending money on a company that doesn't stay up to date and doesn't communicate why.
Cainnech is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Balkar

Old August 1st, 2023, 01:53 PM
On the character selection page - Folder settings - I'd like to make all characters in a particular folder of characters share certain settings, such as GM approval requirements, validation options, advancement speed, etc.
Balkar is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
willwrk4internet

Old August 4th, 2023, 02:01 PM
As a second to what skald1 said, do we ever get any indication that these posts in this wishlist are being read by developers?
willwrk4internet is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old August 5th, 2023, 07:29 AM
I imagine they are read but you'll likely never get confirmation about anything being worked on, unless Lone Wolf changes their approach quite a bit. They have historically not shared their roadmap or product backlog, beyond some high profile things like trying to release new books for PF2 (and maybe Starfinder, I don't play much SF) concurrently with the street date for those publications.

I'd love for Lone Wolf to be more transparent about the product backlog and maybe even make it public to let people vote to get some feedback on the most-desired features. I think a lot of work went into the Vault, which unfortunately I still haven't found much use for. The big draw for HLO was also going to be the collaborative features and sadly those have languished while in favor of other things.
mototom is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
eruvanna

Old August 5th, 2023, 09:04 AM
Visible Class DC

Adding a quick Class DC line to the interface3 would be nice. There are many times I need to calculate it off the cuff on non-spellcasters due to there not being a line item that lists Class DC.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet as there were 13 pages of messages and I didn't look at all of them.
eruvanna is offline   #125 Reply With Quote