Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambomb View Post
They can't be mutually excludent they work with many similar things, a feature appear or not at Realm Works doesnt have any relation with Hero Lab.
That is your opinion yes...

For a small company doing the "double" integration of the same ability across multiple software seems like a waste of time to me. I would prefer they focus on the best tool to do the job. Instead of trying to make every tool try and do everything.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
How did you get the social tab?
Quote:
Ultimate campaing - Campaing Systems
That's awesome, did not know it existed. Much better place to keep notes on NPCs. I was using the Journal but it made it hard to find them. This is way easier.

Playing in Hell's Vengeance, GMing Curse of the Crimson Throne (AE) and Giantslayer. Completed as a player, Crimson Throne (3.5) and Mummy's Mask. One star Pathfinder Society GM.
Olmac is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
sambomb

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That is your opinion yes...

For a small company doing the "double" integration of the same ability across multiple software seems like a waste of time to me. I would prefer they focus on the best tool to do the job. Instead of trying to make every tool try and do everything.
I prefer they focus on the best tool too, but i think the best tool is HeroLab.

Realm Works doesnt work with player side alone I need a realm to log and I dont think that this the best tool because of it.
If I want to create characters for many games I need that each have a realm to log and create my notes in the realms, realm doenst have a player tablet version too.

I aint asking for a brand new and time consuming feature, im simply asking for a image in the social tab.
sambomb is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
sambomb

Old November 30th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmac View Post
That's awesome, did not know it existed. Much better place to keep notes on NPCs. I was using the Journal but it made it hard to find them. This is way easier.
Imagine if you can add pictures in the journal too, Slayed a Beholder or even a Dragon, add a picture of the bastard to remind of this
sambomb is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 30th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Imagine if you can add pictures in the journal too, Slayed a Beholder or even a Dragon, add a picture of the bastard to remind of this
You would quickly end up with a MASSIVE .por file for your hero, with all those images stored inside it.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old December 1st, 2017, 04:36 AM
Oh, the social tab is neat! Going to start using that, didn't know it existed.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old December 1st, 2017, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You would quickly end up with a MASSIVE .por file for your hero, with all those images stored inside it.
Yeah, that would be cool, but not necessary, for what Farling said.

Playing in Hell's Vengeance, GMing Curse of the Crimson Throne (AE) and Giantslayer. Completed as a player, Crimson Throne (3.5) and Mummy's Mask. One star Pathfinder Society GM.
Olmac is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
sambomb

Old December 2nd, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I dont know what you consider MASSIVE, even if I store 5000 npcs in a 500x500 pixels would be way less than a GB
sambomb is offline   #18 Reply With Quote