Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Eloiwyn

Old April 13th, 2018, 02:57 PM
I'm a long-time user and fan of classic Hero Lab, and have been in serious withdrawal trying to make my Starfinder characters without it, so yesterday I went ahead and joined Hero Lab Online. My initial experience is not great. Haven't been able to dig much through forums, so apologies if this has already been brought up, but so far my biggest frustrations are as follows:

1. Journal entry order. Journals should show in chronological order. Instead they seem to list themselves in mindless numeric order. My 04/13/18 entry listed before the 09/02/17 and then 09/10/17 entries... because 4 comes before 9. I've had to go back through and re-do my dates to have year first to make them order themselves correctly. Seriously, the system can't read dates????

2. Printed character sheet is AWFUL. I realize that the intent is to use this online, but that's just not happening. Gaming table real estate, access to power, access to reliable connection, old dog/new tricks... NOT HAPPENING. And I can't be the only one that feels that way. I will always be gaming off printed sheet. And the current sheet is AWFUL. My attacks are on page 2. My envoy has a big blank spot on page 1 and skills on page 2 as well, apparently because adding her Perform skill exceeded allowable space. I need to be able to have the bulk of my information on a single page, laid out like the familiar character sheets we've always had. Preferable with customizable options like classic Hero Lab has so that I can tweak even that to my preferences.

--Eloiwyn
Eloiwyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old April 14th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I also have trouble with the journal, when it converted from beta to release version I lost everything in the journal but my character kept credits and XP. I agree that the printed character sheet is awful I would love to see it be made as good as the HLC character sheet because sometimes connectivity is not available.
evdjj3j is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old April 17th, 2018, 12:44 PM
We have improvements to the journal dates and sorting in the queue right now that will probably be in an update early next week.

We'll also definitely be continuing to improve the printed sheet. Browser print rendering is all sorts of annoying to deal with, so ways to improve the output and-or work around browser limitations is something very much on our mind.
Ian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote