Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
This thread is for feedback on the long-awaited Army Builder Mac Beta. You can download the beta here:

http://wolflair.com/index.php?contex...&page=mac_beta

Please note: Army Builder for the Mac is in limited beta testing, for existing users of Army Builder only. This means that if you already own and use Army Builder on Windows, and your Army Builder license has not expired, you're eligible for the beta. If you don't already own Army Builder, or if your AB license has expired, you won't be able to use the beta.

If you have questions about transferring your license to a Mac, you can find the answers here.

Please only report Army Builder related issues here - if you have problems with the data files themselves, those reports should go to the data file authors (unless the data files work great on Windows, and not on the Mac).

Post away!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Glad to see the Mac port released. Found my first issue.

Closing a army file window shuts down the app. This might be the expected result on the PC but on a Mac closing a window should not shut down the app.
lolbat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Print issue

Saving an army roster as a PDF results in the optional summary section being cut off. The page appears to be printing about an inch and a half from the left side of the page.
lolbat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Selecting "New Roster..." or using the keyboard accelerator will close the current roster without prompting to save changes
lolbat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
veritechc

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I am the developer of Army Builder For Firestorm Armada. As such I use both of my licenses to edit and test the data files on two Windows PC. I would also like to test those same files on a Mac. As far as i can tell there is no way to do this.

What way can a developer get a license to test with?
veritechc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritechc View Post
Hi,

I am the developer of Army Builder For Firestorm Armada. As such I use both of my licenses to edit and test the data files on two Windows PC. I would also like to test those same files on a Mac. As far as i can tell there is no way to do this.

What way can a developer get a license to test with?
Veritechc, please email me at colen@wolflair.com and we'll get you sorted out.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolbat View Post
Glad to see the Mac port released. Found my first issue.

Closing a army file window shuts down the app. This might be the expected result on the PC but on a Mac closing a window should not shut down the app.
This is working as intended - different applications on the Mac do this different ways. For AB, everything is run through the main form, and you can only have one roster open at a time, so closing it shuts down the app.

Allowing you to have multiple AB windows open at once to edit multiple rosters at a time is on our to-do list, but not something that will make it into the initial mac release I'm afraid.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Print issue

Saving an army roster as a PDF results in the optional summary section being cut off. The page appears to be printing about an inch and a half from the left side of the page.
That's odd - can you post a PDF with the problem here? What version of OS X are you using?

Thanks for the bug report.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Selecting "New Roster..." or using the keyboard accelerator will close the current roster without prompting to save changes
Was your license activated on the mac at the time? With no license, rosters can't be saved, so there's no prompt to ask whether you want to discard the current roster. If you have a license installed, it should ask as normal.

Thanks for your feedback!
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This is working as intended - different applications on the Mac do this different ways.
I am unaware of any application on the Mac that does this. Certainly none of the apps that I use do this.

A better alternative might be to close the current roster and then return the user to the Create New Roster dialog instead. That would fit into the application design limitations you suggested without breaking user expectations.
lolbat is offline   #10 Reply With Quote