Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

BlueStryker

Old November 5th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Hi, I'm interested in helping out with this project. This game system is the main reason I got the Authoring Kit, but I'm still trying to figure everything out. I do have a basic understanding of writing scripts and even have a couple possible ideas for including the life path modules. If you'd be willing to allow me the use of what you've got started I would gladly see what I can do to help get this system onto Hero Lab.
BlueStryker is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Wow this would be an awesome project. I have been looking for a way to do AtoW with Hero Lab forever. Sign me up!
Noven is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old March 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah this would be totally awesome if there was an update.
Noven is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
BlueStryker

Old March 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Well I never heard from the other person who had started working on this so I've been working on building it from the ground up myself. I'm still learning all the specifics for creating a game system in Hero Lab, but so far I have the basic character stats down and am working on functionallity.. I'll fix the look of it last.
BlueStryker is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old March 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStryker View Post
Well I never heard from the other person who had started working on this so I've been working on building it from the ground up myself. I'm still learning all the specifics for creating a game system in Hero Lab, but so far I have the basic character stats down and am working on functionallity.. I'll fix the look of it last.
Yeah that is awesome. If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, hit me up. I got the authoring kit, and sometimes another set of eyes can be useful.
Noven is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
BlueStryker

Old April 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
Yeah that is awesome. If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, hit me up. I got the authoring kit, and sometimes another set of eyes can be useful.
Thank you, I'll take any help I can get, lol. Before I start bounding ideas your way I'd like to get an understanding of how experienced you are; how much do you know about XML and how it's used in HL? I'd still consider myself an amature but I understand XML pretty well, just haven't fully gotten the hang of HL's use of it yet.
BlueStryker is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStryker View Post
Thank you, I'll take any help I can get, lol. Before I start bounding ideas your way I'd like to get an understanding of how experienced you are; how much do you know about XML and how it's used in HL? I'd still consider myself an amature but I understand XML pretty well, just haven't fully gotten the hang of HL's use of it yet.
Oh by all means, I know little about XML and its use in HL. I got the authoring kit for stuff like this. I have been messing around with the kit to work with AToW, but I am not really a programmer. Basically if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I am your man =).
Noven is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
BlueStryker

Old April 4th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
Oh by all means, I know little about XML and its use in HL. I got the authoring kit for stuff like this. I have been messing around with the kit to work with AToW, but I am not really a programmer. Basically if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I am your man =).
Cool.. Well I sent you a PM with some things to start off with. There's quite a bit so just take your time, there's no big hurry to answer everything at once.
BlueStryker is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old July 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM
I recently got the BT:AToW book, so I'm also game to help with questions, ideas, etc... experienced HL coder as well of need that too
TCArknight is online now   #19 Reply With Quote
BlueStryker

Old September 4th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
I recently got the BT:AToW book, so I'm also game to help with questions, ideas, etc... experienced HL coder as well of need that too
Thanks for the offer to help. I've been busy so haven't touch it in a while but going to get back into now that things have settled a bit. I'll definitely be needing your experience as a HL coder, and hope you don't mind teaching an amateur.. Well not a complete amateur but still have a lot to learn. I'll post a summery of what I've got completed and some of the things I'm trying to work on right now. Thanks again.

Last edited by BlueStryker; September 4th, 2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: To fix the quote
BlueStryker is offline   #20 Reply With Quote