Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2018, 01:06 PM
All of the stuff I am familiar with wraps to the next page... The portal ID is oProperty, if that helps.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #51 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 27th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Well I had to change the id from "oProperty" (or "o"Anything) to "zProperty" because there was a conflict with the basic sheets on names. I did notice that on the sheet2 file that "zAbility" wasn't on the list of spillover to a 2nd page, if needed, although zProperty was, so maybe that's all that's needed to fix this? If so I've updated the file used in the first post above if you want to download and try and see if that fixes the issue.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
ravengode

Old March 27th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Thank you so much for looking into this. However that did not fix the problem. I know the abilities are getting output to that section on the regular sheet. I get about the first three abilities on the extended sheet, out of the six or seven. The others just disappear instead of wrapping to the top of the second column, like Edges do on the regular sheet.
ravengode is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
ravengode

Old March 27th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Ok I fixed it. Your sheet_extended2 file was missing the Abilities on lines 512 and 516,

<position><![CDATA[
~hide and show appropriate portals for creatures and non-creatures
if (hero.tagis[Hero.Creature] = 0) then
portal[zCreature].visible = 0
else
portal[zEdge].visible = 0
portal[zAbility].visible = 0
endif

~position the various tables in the desired sequence
perform portal[zProperty].autoplace
perform portal[zAbility].autoplace
perform portal[zEdge].autoplace
perform portal[zHindrance].autoplace
perform portal[zCreature].autoplace
perform portal[zDrawback].autoplace
perform portal[zSPAttack].autoplace
perform portal[zPersonal].autoplace
perform portal[zPower].autoplace
perform portal[zSPPower].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicArmr].autoplace
perform portal[oArmor].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicWeap].autoplace
perform portal[zWeapon].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicItem].autoplace
perform portal[zGear].autoplace
ravengode is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Out of curiosity, why are you using Abilities instead of Properties? Abilities are really supposed to be for creatures.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #55 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 28th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Ok, thanks. I've updated the sheets with that. I also changed the line for:
Code:
else
endif
to include zAbility in the first part as well, since Creatures can have abilities too, after all, as CC pointed out (in fact it's the preferred method for Creatures whereas Properties should be used for Characters).

So that now looks like:
Code:
else
endif

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
ravengode

Old March 28th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Weirdly enough that change actually prevents the abilities from showing on the second page. I just deleted line 509 (portal[zAbility].visible = 0, before the else) and it worked again.
ravengode is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Oh, I think that's because I read it wrong. visible=0 would mean to hide it, not make it visible, so the first part says if the hero is NOT a creature (=0) then hide Creature attributes (and, accidentally in this case, Abilities) otherwise hide Edges and Abilities. So I should probably yank the line from both of those to make it work correctly. Duh. So I updated to do that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old May 28th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Did Something happen to this set of sheets? I swear it use to display all the text from the edges. It seems to only display one line? I pulled in the file from the dropbox again this morning just to verify
marroon69 is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 28th, 2018, 01:43 PM
I'll try to look over them again tomorrow to test and see if I can figure it out.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #60 Reply With Quote