Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DaggerdaleDM

Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
First Off: I really like the clean ink friendly character sheets

Second: Is there, or will there be a way to print our background, journals, character images etc?

And C: Is there, or will there be a way to print some of the things that pop up when you mouse over a "?". Such as, If I make a new magical weapon with lots of abilities, it would be nice to be able to print it's description, or at least have a way to dump the description to the clip board.
DaggerdaleDM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2007, 04:13 PM
At 07:40 PM 2/3/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Second: Is there, or will there be a way to print our background, journals, character images etc?
The character sheets are all generated via scripts, but there is currently no way to integrate your own character sheets. That's one of the things we plan to add as soon as data file editing is solid. So users will shortly be able to customize character sheets to their heart's content.

In addition, our design for character sheets is actually centered around the concept of a "dossier" that contains multiple different character sheets for different purposes. Users will be able to turn on/off various character sheets for inclusion (or not) within their dossier. This will allow the option to print out just a journal, or print out detailed descriptions of all spells known, or whatever makes sense. How this works will be outlined when it is added, but it's already built into the engine and simply needs to be exposed and documented.

Quote:
And C: Is there, or will there be a way to print some of the things that pop up when you mouse over a "?". Such as, If I make a new magical weapon with lots of abilities, it would be nice to be able to print it's description, or at least have a way to dump the description to the clip board.
Absolutely. Since character sheets are driven by scripts, you'll be able to get at any data within the data files and format it however you want (within reason on the formatting, of course). The dossier mechanism will allow you to potentially generate just a detailed summary of weapons as a separate sheet, or you'll be able to modify the core sheets to include additional information.

Dumping descriptions to the clipboard is something we haven't considered yet, so I'll put that on the todo list for us to consider how to add.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DaggerdaleDM

Old February 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you do next.
DaggerdaleDM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote