Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:09 PM
There is new V1.0g release now available. This update includes a
variety of refinements and enhancements to the editing mechanism that
should make authoring a lit bit easier. We also fixed a few bugs in
the editor's cooperation (or lack thereof) with the main window. No
substantive changes have been made to the data files, although there
were a few minor tweaks. The d20 authoring docs also had some new
material added that you might find helpful.

Complete details will be found in the readme file with the product
and in the FAQ for the d20 data files.

Thanks, Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Bowes (rob@wolflair.com) (408) 927-9880
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old February 4th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Where can I find the "How to use the Data File editor" documentation?

Also, is it possible to "clone" data files so tha you can keep the standard d20 file intact, and you custom files available as other options in the into menu? Say, for example, I wanted to use the D20 SRD file as the base for a data file for the D20 Modern SRD (which has a very similar structure); how do I clone the original data file, work with the clone and rename it, and keep the original intact?
MPHopcroft is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM
At 04:25 PM 2/4/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Where can I find the "How to use the Data File editor" documentation?
There is general documentation on the editor within the main HL User Manual. Just launch the manual and select the "Creating Custom Material" link. You'll find specifics about editing the d20 data files via the editor within the d20 Manual, which can be accessed via the Help menu and a few other locations. If you want to gory details on data files, please view the Authoring Kit manual, which is accessible via the Start menu right next to Hero Lab itself.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to "clone" data files so tha you can keep the standard d20 file intact, and you custom files available as other options in the into menu? Say, for example, I wanted to use the D20 SRD file as the base for a data file for the D20 Modern SRD (which has a very similar structure); how do I clone the original data file, work with the clone and rename it, and keep the original intact?
The core d20 material will always be kept intact, since the core d20 material is included in the package files that will never be overwritten by user material. All user material is added to the core material.

You can definitely setup multiple instances of the same game system and adapt it as you wish. How to do this is outlined in the second-to-last bullet in the Miscellaneous Topics section of the "Custom Material" chapter in the documentation. This is the chapter referenced in my answer to your first question above.

Hope this helps,
Rob
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote