Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

grandall50

Old February 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
SO I've been playing around with the D20 SRD and added the Ninja Class. I've pretty much finished all special abilities at all levels except for the AC Bonus. At every 5th lvl a Ninja gains +1 to his AC. I can't figure out how to add this and have Hero Lab actually ADD the bonus to the AC stat as I lvl up.

At the moment I just have it listed as a special ability at every 5th level and I have to remember to add it manually.

Also I can't seem to get it to recognize the Ninja's Weapon Proficiencies. I plugged them into the Data File but when I try to add weapons that I've told it he is profficient with it says that he is "Not Proficient" with that weapon. Am I missing a step? :shock:
grandall50 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
At 10:06 AM 2/3/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
SO I've been playing around with the D20 SRD and added the Ninja Class. I've pretty much finished all special abilities at all levels except for the AC Bonus. At every 5th lvl a Ninja gains +1 to his AC. I can't figure out how to add this and have Hero Lab actually ADD the bonus to the AC stat as I lvl up.

At the moment I just have it listed as a special ability at every 5th level and I have to remember to add it manually.
Have you defined the Eval Script that actually applies the adjustment? For an example of this, please refer to the existing class special ability entries in the data files. These are used by the Dwarven Defender and will be identified in the Editor as "AC Bonus +1 (cDwDAC1)" and friends. You might consider copying and pasting the scripts from these abilities or simply re-creating the Ninja abilities as duplicates of the existing abilities.

I just outlined some of this stuff in detail in a separate thread that you also might find useful. It's entitled "Misc Changes to Saves and similar".

If the above doesn't resolve things for you, let me know and I'll provide a more detailed walk-through of how to get the Ninja working the way you want.

Quote:
Also I can't seem to get it to recognize the Ninja's Weapon Proficiencies. I plugged them into the Data File but when I try to add weapons that I've told it he is profficient with it says that he is "Not Proficient" with that weapon. Am I missing a step? [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
When you "plugged them in", how do you do this? If you assigned the weapon proficiencies via a method that the rest of the data files aren't expecting, you'll end up with it not working the way you want. The easiest way to assign weapon proficiences is to bootstrap in the existing feats, such as "Simple Weapon Proficiency" and its kin. If your class has specific weapons it is allowed, then you should create a new feat that specifies proficiencies for the proper weapons, such as is done for the Bard in the "Bard Weapon Proficiencies" feat. Once you create the feat, you must be sure to bootstrap it in from the "class helper" thing so that it is properly applied for the class. Details on how to do this will be found in the post I referred to above.

If you've done all of the above already, then there must be something else amiss. If so, please outline the way you've set things up in more detail and I'll see if I can figure out where the confusion lies.

Hope this helps,
Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote