Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

JustinThomason

Old March 5th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
A glimpse of hope. I hope he does not hate the child now. It is the best thing this company produced, followed by HLC.
Strong agree. Even with the rough edges, I cannot imagine not using RW as a GM for any campaign longer than a short one shot.
JustinThomason is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 5th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Time to put the whole thing back on the radar and evaluate a bit more.
Triple the feckin price and give us updates :P

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old March 5th, 2020, 10:43 PM
I would say put out a Kickstarter with an ACCURATE amount needed to do x number things and then get them done in 6 months...

Just my 2 cents
Grey Mage is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 6th, 2020, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
I would say put out a Kickstarter with an ACCURATE amount needed to do x number things and then get them done in 6 months...

Just my 2 cents
"Kickstarter" and "accurate" aren't usually used in the same sentence :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; March 7th, 2020 at 03:06 AM.
Farling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 6th, 2020, 12:55 PM
hard to specify accurate amounts in software development...

hire & onboarding of new ppl or train existing ones, check the old code, after that develop... I don't think you can (and should make such promises).

This needs to be agile. E.g. here is a ordered list of priorities we start with the top 10, then the developer goes on and on implementing by priority, ensure that there will be always a working test build to compile available.

when there is only a specified amount of time or money left, the remaining time will be used to bugfix + create a stable version.

BAM

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
Acenoid is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 6th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Patreon would make more sense than Kickstarter. But I'm not confident that there are enough people willing to make a monthly commitment in the amount necessary for it to make financial sense for LWD to focus on RealmWorks.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old March 8th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Patreon would make more sense than Kickstarter. But I'm not confident that there are enough people willing to make a monthly commitment in the amount necessary for it to make financial sense for LWD to focus on RealmWorks.
Even if I had been willing at one time I am not willing now. I would need to see some sustained successes far beyond what I saw with RW. Honestly, I don't think any further work on RW is likely at all. They don't even seem to be monitoring these forums anymore. There have been multiple issues with RW and not a peep from LWD.
meek75 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
They don't even seem to be monitoring these forums anymore. There have been multiple issues with RW and not a peep from LWD.
Monitoring the forums shouldn't be necessary since they should be receiving bug reports on the support e-mail address, which allows them to collate all bugs more easily.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:42 AM
Yes, all bug reports should go the official channel, not community forums. LWD never stated that forums are such channel. I continue to send such reports when things happen.

I have faith in LWD even if majority already gave up. It seems they did really amazing job with Realm Works to keep me on board after all those dramas.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 9th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Yup, lets see where this goes...

Acenoid is offline   #20 Reply With Quote