Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Flappi

Old July 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Is there a way to create a new tag or tag group ?

I explain my problem: since I use a variant rule for spells of forbidden schools, I have re-created the wizard class. Since the class knows every level 0 spells, I bootstrap them.

But, in fact, a wizard don't know every 0-level spells : he don't know the 0-level spells from his forbidden school. Then, the bootstraps look like this:
Code:
    <bootstrap thing="spDisrUnd0">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="451">count:Ability.wfNecro=0</containerreq>
      <autotag group="sClass" tag="cHelpWiv"/>
      <autotag group="Spellbook" tag="cHelpWiv"/>
      </bootstrap>
(cHelpWiv is the variant wizard; Wiv is "wizard - variant")

But, the class gets the tag "Ability.wfNecro" (and other forbidden school tags) comes too late in the program: at first/500, the class hasn't the tag, and the containerreq must be before first/500. Therefore, I use the same trick as the resistance ability (from abjuration spec): I forward the tag with a script in the class:
Code:
   <eval phase="First" priority="450" index="4"><![CDATA[
      ~Now, handle the spellbook
      var expr as string
      foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "Helper.Secondary & SpecSource.cHelpWiz"
        expr="Ability."&eachpick.idstring
        perform hero.assignstr[expr]
        nexteach]]></eval>
(additional note: would it be better to replace the tag expression"SpecSource.cHelpWiz" with "CustTaken.cHelpWiv" ?)

And here is the problem: now, the class has the tag "Ability.wfNecro", and will get the tag a second time if the program runs normally. Since I don't have access to the structure file, I don't know if the number of such tag is used or not. Then, I must clean up with another eval script:
Code:
    <eval phase="First" priority="452" index="5"><![CDATA[
      ~Now, delete the tags for spellbook
      var expr as string
      foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "Helper.Secondary & SpecSource.cHelpWiz"
        expr="Ability."&eachpick.idstring
        perform hero.deletestr[expr]
        nexteach]]></eval>
It would be easier if I could create a new tag group, something like "dummy.wfNecro", which I know is used nowhere else...
Flappi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I'd recommend waiting until I get a chance to fix that error with the wizard's 0-level spells before trying to tackle it yourself. Just leave the error in place on your new class, and hopefully the fix will solve your problem, too.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Flappi

Old July 15th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'd recommend waiting until I get a chance to fix that error with the wizard's 0-level spells before trying to tackle it yourself. Just leave the error in place on your new class, and hopefully the fix will solve your problem, too.
I did that because the class didn't obtain the 0-level spells from wizard, even with "use which spells", "wizard" selected. If the class had all 0-level spell, there would be no point in bootstrapping spells... x)

Anyway, adding a new tag can be useful in such cases (when a tag is added to a class after the bootstrapping phase) - after all, forwarding a tag for conditional bootstrap is used for the abjuration power, and, I think, for some other classes powers... If it's impossible, I'll continue in the same way if I need (add an existing tag, bootstrap, clean the tag), it's not a real problem, but I'm asking if there's a way to add tag.
Flappi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Try adding a foreach that assigns Spellbook.cHelpWiv to every 0-level spell with cHelpWiz:

PreLevel/11000:
Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "sLevel.0 & Spellbook.cHelpWiz"
  perform eachpick.assign[Spellbook.cHelpWiv]
  nexteach
(You can put this in a script on the class helper)

That should modify all the Wizard 0-level spells that are already on the hero to also be in the Wiv spellbook without having to bootstrap each one.

I'll put it on my to-do list that share spells doesn't give you the 0-level spells - it should be doing so.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote