Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

romandain

Old March 31st, 2019, 09:38 PM
Hello All:

I am having a problem with what seems to be only dex and str based skills on one character. The character is a whisper gnome rogue with a 17 dex (+3) and a 6 str (-2). All of the racial bonuses and skill points are adding up fine but it doesnt seem to be applying the dex bonus.

Example Balance is correct with base 3 from dex but escape artist is only at base 1 (should be base 3), hide is base 8 (4 from whisper gnome race, 4 from small size, no dex) Move silently is base 4 (+4 from race and no dex) while Open lock and ride which are base 3 from dex which is right. Slight of hand is set a base of 2 which i am unsure of how it is at 2. Tumble is at base 0 and has no dex bonus applied and lastly use rope is set to base 3 which is right.

For her strength skills the character should be at a base -2 but climb is at -5, jump is -11, and swim is -8. I do not know where those negatives are coming from.

The character has Magical +1 studded leather which should have a 0 armor check penalty but it is also applying that as additional negatives when equipped. The Masterwork check is applied to the armor as well.

Wis, Cha, Con, and Int based skills are all being calculated correctly.

I am not sure how to get around this.

Last edited by romandain; March 31st, 2019 at 09:41 PM.
romandain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 1st, 2019, 03:03 AM
What is the characters Encumbrance? (Don't forget the weight of money)
A Small, Str 6 character can only carry 15lb as a light load, any more than that and you face Max Dex bonuses and Armor check penalties.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; April 2nd, 2019 at 12:44 AM.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old April 1st, 2019, 06:14 AM
Yep, sounds like encumbrance. Carrying too much will add penalties to Str and Dex based skills. I usually turn this off.
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote