Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Ok.. I don't see it..

Somewhere in here ther'es the ability for herolab to handle buildings and npc managers. I've found where it handles Kingdoms and Army's... that's new on the Create New Hero dialog. But where in the interface to you begin ... if you are trying to construct/model "Managers, Rooms & Teams, and Buildings and Organizations" the ultimate campaign downtime rules?

Its in here somewhere.. I do not doubt it.. I just cant' seem to spot it.
Reyzoul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
The "Other" tab, last couple of tables at the bottom.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Aaahhh! ok great.

Now that I found it.. at first I thought it would not do what I wanted.
Took a bit of poking and prodding but now I can see how I can create a custom building.. maybe leaving it empty in fact initially to represent the idea I am building something.

Then I can add a custom organization associated with that building.. add my day laborers to it as a team or whatever I need.

Then I can start keeping track of the capital those teams are generating... ultimately (pun?) spending it on adding rooms to the custom building I already had.

Ok great.. I think this is really going to save a lot of spreadsheet time.
Reyzoul is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
It was one of my major projects and I tried to make it as complete as possible, so I am glad you enjoy it.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Some feedback.

Fist, what I am doing so far is using the system to simulate the building process of my custom bar.

* Add an "initial" journal entry where I added the necessary capital goods to buy the laborers using the "Buy" method.
* Add an empty building and a "construction crew" organization supporting that building comprised of laborers.

Then I go to the journal again to start the work process, creating two entries per week... one to show the raw output of my teams.... (14 labor in this case initially), then another entry I call "trade" where I am trading 3 for 1.. labor for influence or goods or whatever it is I actually needed. Both of these I use the "Free" option to apply the capital gains/losses.

After accumulating the the capital I need, I spend it by adding a room onto my empty building. Whalla.. Progress!

I keep doing this and over time I will have my the whole building and organization and since the journal entries are there, I'll sort-of have a timeline to go along with it.

I don't know if that is the usage intent... it is just what I came up with after spending half an hour with it or so.

I have noticed two things I cannot get done however.

* gp is also a capital that can be earned/spent.
On the downtime journal entries, you could potentially earn (or lose) gold due to earnings from teams/organizations/buildings and the upkeep costs of managers and such. That possibly is not included in the journal interface.

[removed comment about augmentations being missing]

Whoops.. nevermind.. I found how to add augmentations!
Adding custom room though, may still be of use. People will come up with their own additions to this system I would think.

Last edited by Reyzoul; May 17th, 2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: found room augmentations
Reyzoul is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:30 AM
O.. and there should perhaps be the possibility of adding a custom room.
If that was there, I could add my sitting room augmented with furnishings by just entering it all by hand... like you would a custom magic item for example.
Reyzoul is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM
If you generate gold with your building, add it through a normal journal rather than a capitol one (just like you would for finding gold on an adventure).

Custom rooms can easily be added through the editor, no scripting required. Just go to the Campaign group, and select the Room. I don't think eval scripts will even be needed for most rooms. Just type a description for the room's function and fill in how much capitol it costs and how much it generates.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
If you generate gold with your building, add it through a normal journal rather than a capitol one (just like you would for finding gold on an adventure).
Yes.. I realize I can add gold using the player/adventure journal.
I'm just saying if I do that, the story/timeline of my downtime activities is no longer as clear. Also a matter of convenience, it seems desirable to me to be able to manage all my downtime stuff right here... without swapping over to another page in order to pay my manager his wages or record the gold my shop earned.. separately from the capital it earned.

Anyway.. was my feeling on the matter.
Reyzoul is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Reyzoul

Old May 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I haven't decided how the upgrade team member interface works.
I have some laborers.. and I should be able to upgrade them to lackeys.

I see the upgrade button.. if I activate that it will indicate I need to first specify what they should be upgraded to.

If I try to select something from the drop down list, the only option is laborers.. they are already laborers. I have plenty of "current capital" in case the list of possible upgrade targets is being filtered by what i can afford... (4 goods, 13 influence, 29 labor)
Reyzoul is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2014, 08:11 AM
It's not filtered by cost, I'd submit a bug report.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote