Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2014, 08:06 PM
The best idea I got at the moment is to have you "manually" load all the .1st files from the CB into your game folders.

Start HL and go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder" to open the correct folder. Then Unzip the zip file attached to this post into the game folder and let it overwrite any files.

Restart HL and see if that works. I will point Colen from LW to this thread and mention it could be an issue with Macs. I can't duplicate it on any machine I own and I have tried. I did a complete fresh install on a new laptop (Windows) and it works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip First Files 2014.11.19.zip (11.2 KB, 17 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 19th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1011
Lord Magus

Old November 20th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I had the same issue.
Mac OS 10.9.4
As far as I can tell, the problem happened after updating the SGG files to v1.8. I use many separate PF folders, and the main one (the one with everything: Community files, SGG, personal user files, Path of War, aAdjustments...) is the only one affected. It's as if the SGG update made the core HL PF files "disappear", as HL required me, immediately after that update, to download the PF game system again (something which never happens after updates). I did not re-download, but I re-installed PF with the 10.6 version I had downloaded a few days before. I did this without booting PF in between, as it told me the game system had to be downloaded. Now, it throws me the same errors as for Tempestblindam.

Installing the patch you just provided helped: some messages went away, but it threw me others about Path Of War. I reinstalled Path of War, but it now throws messages about Gestalt, Robomancer and 4 others things beginning with SCPoly (probably from the Beast Shape files). So I reinstalled the Gestalt and SK Reynolds .hl files as well, which resolved everything except the SCPoly errors. When I tried to reinstall the CB to take care of that, it told me that one of the files that had to be overwritten was read-only, and asked me if I wanted to delete everything to avoid duplicates. At that point I said no thanks, and put everything on hold.

For some reason, on my Macbook I am not able to copy the error messages for display purposes, sorry about that.
Lord Magus is offline   #1012
tempestblindam

Old November 20th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The best idea I got at the moment is to have you "manually" load all the .1st files from the CB into your game folders.

Start HL and go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder" to open the correct folder. Then Unzip the zip file attached to this post into the game folder and let it overwrite any files.

Restart HL and see if that works. I will point Colen from LW to this thread and mention it could be an issue with Macs. I can't duplicate it on any machine I own and I have tried. I did a complete fresh install on a new laptop (Windows) and it works fine.
That did change things. I now get
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SCPolyJet' on line 6
-> Non-existent field 'phJet' used by script
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SCPolyMove' on line 4
-> Non-existent field 'phSpeed' used by script
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SCPolyPois' on line 21
-> Non-existent field 'phPoDieSze' used by script
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SCPolyWeb' on line 10
-> Non-existent field 'phWebAtk' used by script

As the error.
Running on Windows XP, Herolab 6.1 w Community Bestiary v 2.25 and SGG 1.8 as the only 3rd party add-ons.
tempestblindam is offline   #1013
kinwolf

Old November 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Make a change to the file (ie put a space in the name and then remove) and re-save. That has worked for me in getting it removed. You can also go to "Tools->Prepare Portfolio for Distribution". That will reset the file and save it. If you want you can re-run that against a folder if you want also.

Why can't you export with the error as it should have nothing to do with the export process? Its not really an error its an FYI about a Damage Reduction Thing that no longer exists or is needed. It is just that DR Things get added/saved to every character. So when I removed it I forgot that HL would complain about it being gone even though the character/hero did not use it. Sorry!
Thanks, that worked for re-saving it. I can now export correctly. And it did impact the export somehow, not sure why, but now that I no longer have the warning, the export works fine. If I try an export on a .por file that still has the message, it fails. But the workaround works, thx
kinwolf is offline   #1014
Lord Magus

Old November 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I re-installed everything, and got it to work again. There is a read-only file somewhere in Shadow's files or the Community Files that seems to have become problematic with PF last update. Systematically answering "no" to the question on the screen shot (despite the advice given by the program) seems to be the way to go for now.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot Lord Magus.png (442.7 KB, 21 views)
Lord Magus is offline   #1015
tempestblindam

Old November 20th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
I re-installed everything, and got it to work again. There is a read-only file somewhere in Shadow's files or the Community Files that seems to have become problematic with PF last update. Systematically answering "no" to the question on the screen shot (despite the advice given by the program) seems to be the way to go for now.
Download the CB and answered 'no' as well. No errors now for me either! Hurrah for no errors!
tempestblindam is offline   #1016
ShadowChemosh

Old November 20th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Awesome! So my interpretation is that the HL installer on the Mac only is misreading 1st, dat, and str files as "read only" and deleting them on the way in. These are control files that do things with Tags and Fields and as seen without these files the packages don't work. Based on the above error messages you guys posted this fits.

So telling HL to NOT delete these special files makes everything install correctly. This is a Mac only issue and I have emailed Colen but have not heard anything back.

At least I can point people to this post and error message and tell them to answer "NO".

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 21st, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1017
Dragius

Old November 21st, 2014, 02:08 PM
I am running windows 8 64 ultimate. Still having issues after reinstalling HL and the customer packages.
Dragius is offline   #1018
Tizzar

Old November 24th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Never fails... I got it figured out.

Hi there. I've run into a bit of a problem with the last update to herolab and was wondering if anyone had a fix I could try. Here is what I am working against.
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: Module_Wardens of the Reborn Forge.user (line 128) - Thing 'rcCBMutMFv' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: Module_Wardens of the Reborn Forge.user (line 129) - Thing 'rcCBMutMFv' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: Module_Wardens of the Reborn Forge.user (line 130) - Thing 'rcCBMutMFv' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: Module_Wardens of the Reborn Forge.user (line 131) - Thing 'rcCBMutMFv' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: Module_Wardens of the Reborn Forge.user (line 137) - Thing 'rcCBMutMFv' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 920) - Thing 'sCBFlyPoor' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 925) - Thing 'sCBFlyGood' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 931) - Thing 'sCBFlyAver' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 935) - Thing 'sCBFlyPerf' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 941) - Thing 'sCBFlyClum' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3188) - Thing 'raCBAmSwWh' (dynamic tag) - Group 'UnivAbil' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3457) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3459) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisSave' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3460) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3463) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3465) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary - AP14 - Mummy's Mask.user (line 3469) - Thing 'raCBMLMumR' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2106) - Thing 'xCBBurn' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2405) - Thing 'xCBAcidDm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2559) - Thing 'xCBAbilDam' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2603) - Thing 'xCBFireDm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2637) - Thing 'xCBElecDm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2670) - Thing 'xCBColdDm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2703) - Thing 'xCBSonicDm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2736) - Thing 'xCBBleed' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 2865) - Thing 'xCBAbilDra' (dynamic tag) - Group 'multTarg' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 3103) - Thing 'xCBAuraUnh' (dynamic tag) - Group 'UseAbil' not defined
File: PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user (line 3173) - Thing 'xCBSeeInvi' (dynamic tag) - Group 'UseAbil' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 61) - Thing 'xDisFilthF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 62) - Thing 'xDisFilthF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 63) - Thing 'xDisFilthF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 66) - Thing 'xDisFilthF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 67) - Thing 'xDisFilthF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 109) - Thing 'xDisDemFev' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 110) - Thing 'xDisDemFev' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 111) - Thing 'xDisDemFev' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 113) - Thing 'xDisDemFev' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 114) - Thing 'xDisDemFev' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 156) - Thing 'xDisRedAch' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 157) - Thing 'xDisRedAch' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 158) - Thing 'xDisRedAch' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 161) - Thing 'xDisRedAch' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 162) - Thing 'xDisRedAch' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 205) - Thing 'xDisGhoulF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ailment' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 206) - Thing 'xDisGhoulF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 207) - Thing 'xDisGhoulF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 209) - Thing 'xDisGhoulF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisOnset' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 210) - Thing 'xDisGhoulF' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DisFreq' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 255) - Thing 'xDisAnthra' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseSve' not defined
File: PFRPG_Community_Diseases.user (line 257) - Thing 'xDisAnthra' (dynamic tag) - Group 'DiseaseCat' not defined

Any ideas?

thanks Jason.

Last edited by Tizzar; November 24th, 2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: problem fixed
Tizzar is offline   #1019
ShadowChemosh

Old November 24th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzar View Post
Never fails... I got it figured out.

Hi there. I've run into a bit of a problem with the last update to herolab and was wondering if anyone had a fix I could try. Here is what I am working against.

Any ideas?

thanks Jason.
Yea I am going with you have a "Mac" and are running HL v6.1 NOT v6.1a when you loaded the Community Bestiary. So you need to upgrade to v6.1a of Hero Lab and then re-download and install the CB.

This is covered in the thread "**WARNING 3PP Packages Install Issues on Macs with HL v6.1**".

If that does not fix it let me know but it looks "exactly" like that issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1020
Closed Thread